Chip It looking for a test pig in Perth

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chip Tuning

Reaction score
We are looking for a 550 test mule car to do some trials with the new Dominator 2. This is a Injector Style Tuning Chip WITH Boost Control.

Justin in Perth (Clarkson) needs the car for approx 2 days to do final fitting and tuning on.

DETAILS OF THE OFFER

WHAT'S NEEDED: A 550 CRD running normally (ie no faults etc). Can have stock or 3" exhaust.

WHEN: ASAP... within next few days.

WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU: A free Dominator 2 fully installed with Custom Tune. RRP $1329 for Chip and about 20hrs worth of labour.

After you get the car back, please send up a review to the forum members to let them know how its going, power wise.

PM me for Justin's mobile number where you can SMS (only) him and advise when your car is available.

Many thanks

Rob

Last edited:
tell me more about what you will be doing...I have a 550 but dont warranty void

chip and warranty shouldn't even be used in the same sentence.

if a dealer gets one wiff of a chip being used thats it for you.

chip and warranty shouldn't even be used in the same sentence.

if a dealer gets one wiff of a chip being used thats it for you.

That's not right actually

Retail laws in Australia dictate that a manufacturer CANNOT void warranty simply because an owner of the product fits an aftermarket part.

Read here for the good oil

WARRANTY

However, 180 is right in the sense that to save you having an argument with the dealer, just remove the Chip BEFORE you go down for service.

That's not right actually

Retail laws in Australia dictate that a manufacturer CANNOT void warranty simply because an owner of the product fits an aftermarket part.

Read here for the good oil

WARRANTY
You and I both know that may be the way the laws are but unless you have someone with the experience and recognition to make you some sort of statement saying the chip didn't kill the motor and go to court against the manufacturer to prove it then your 99% of the time on your own.

we have written letters before. Mainly however, once you stand up to say "its your responsibility to PROVE the (chip, bull bar, raised suspension, sports exhaust etc) caused the issue" then a lot of the times they will investigate and if its a common problem (which it always is) then they will accept it.

But you can see that its just so much easier to take the chip off in the first place.

:confused2:I meant how hard is it to remove before each service as you suggest. don't think ill buy one if its two days labour just to remove it...

It's a simple removal mate as 180 said once you fit it any drama's blame yourself in saying that mine has been faultless and i don't use nissan next year i may update whatever the rig of choice no chip shall be fitted.

Latest posts

Back