Lunatik Taktik Phone Case

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YBOD

Reaction score
Now i know this forum isn't generally about such frivolities as iPhone cases and other boys toys but I thought I would share some thoughts on the new iPhone case I just got myself:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261249954168?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D261249954168%26_rdc%3D1

It's a near indestructible case for what is generally a far too delicate object - the smart phone. I've pretty much been a iPhone lover since the iPhone 1 but last year I switched to the Samsung Galaxy 2 Android phone and while I liked some of the differences between the two I didn't like the fragility of the galaxy. In the year I used it I broke the screen twice and the motherboard once. So when work issued us with new iPhone 5s I jumped at the chance to return to the dark side.

However given that most of my pastimes are not conducive to the life expectancy of a fragile mobile phone I decided to get as tough a protective case as I could. After a bit of research I came across the Lunatik Tiktak case which claims to be dust, water and shock proof; and looked like something you might use to transport a carbonite frozen Han Solo in.

It arrived this morning, from Hong Kong (although for about 50% you can source from an Aussie seller), it took about ten minutes to fit and I have to say looks the business. And within half hour got its first test when our three year old got hold of it and launched it across the room..........and it bounced clattering to a stop in the corner.........and it was absolutely fine!! (Phew)

blogger-image-2025542865.jpg

blogger-image--2044736802.jpg

What like about it:
  • It's kick ass tough
  • face is made from the same gorilla glass the iPhone itself is made from so crystal clear and scratch resistant
  • It feels very solid
  • The price - $20 bargain
  • Rubber backed so doesn't slide around when you put it down
  • It's quite big and chunky - which is great for my big fat hands
  • Very well made

Only down sides I an see, is the case has noticeable mass (solids aluminium and rubber case) and it does add about 15mm all around to the size of the phone so it is quite chunky. This isn't a problem when chucked in my bag or jeans pockets but it wouldn't be your first choice to be trying to slip into the inside pocket of your dainty Louis Vuitton suit......but as you are unlikely to ever see me in a suit let alone a designer one this isn't a problem.

So if you want a proper tough, rugged, hard as nails phone case that could easy double up as a hand to hand combat weapon then this could be the case for you.

Last edited:
That's a pretty cool case. For the same reasons I bought a Lifeproof case from hardly normals. Mate I accidentally left it in my pants pocket and put it in the washing machine for the full two hour warm water cycle. Clean as a whistle and no water ingress at all. Apparently I can take underwater photos with it too. Two things I don't like, u can only fit a genuine charger in the bottom of the case, and the screen got a couple of nicks one day when I chucked it in my pocket with my keys. Other than that very happy!

Looks very similar to the LifeProof case. I have one on my phone. Drop proof, water proof, dust proof etc. the only thing I find is the touch screen on the edges takes a bit of a harder push to select things due to the screen cover. And you need an adaptor for charging docks. Still doesn't take away from how good it is to have.

Believe it or not its a bit chunkier than the life proofs looking at the details on line. Although I've not noticed any issues with having ti press the edge of the screen any harder although the screen is a little recessed relative to the front of the frame so it can be a bit awkward if trying to use one handed but soon got used to it.

ima big fan of the otterbox cases, this one seems a little too... over the top.
A bloody tough little bugger thou if your job calls for it i couldnt think of anything more prefect!

ima big fan of the otterbox cases, this one seems a little too... over the top.
A bloody tough little bugger thou if your job calls for it i couldnt think of anything more prefect!

I had an otter box but will be going lifeproof or above next time.

Just having used both I prefer the life proof, personal opinion only.

Definitely
Don't trust the otter box around water.

i've had a few otter boxes now. went to the life proof and really didnt like. my main problem with it was i got heaps of feed back with the case on. So i had to open the bottom flap every phone call, the flap stopped being a tight fit after a while and would pop open all the time. these goes the waterproofing! The other thing was most of my cables are after market and they didn't fit into the case all that well either.

While the otterbox isnt waterproof it can take a flogging! I always carry my phone for work and its been dropped and kicked from many a places. my phone looks brand new when its out of the case. only thing with the otterbox is i've been through 4 of them over 2 iphones. normally for me the rubber gets loose and sloppy, starts to fall away from the case. i have also cracked the clips on 2 of them and split the back of one as well. saved the phone but so i reckon they are worth the cost (off ebay anyway)

I used to have the otter box for my iPad and it let me down first time it was tested. About two months after purchase I knocked it off the arm of the soda onto a tiled floor and the case cracked straight through. Not impressed and when I raised it with Otter they simply said it wasn't a warranty issue as far they were concerned

Yeah my previous was otter. The amount of saw dust I used to get inside it and that was only putting it in my pocket after work. Also as stated wasn't waterproof neither and the plastic casing that protected the phone broke on all the thin sections. Hence why I got the lifeproof

Latest posts

Back