I thought we were "The smart country"

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmer fudd

Reaction score
How stupid are some Queenslanders? They re-elected those 2 muppets Rudd and Swan. Didn`t they learn the first time?

They also re-elected Katter and look like electing Clive. In the past they elected Hanson and Beilke-Peterson - so yeah, pretty dumb up that way. But as Krafty points out - they're arguably only as dumb as the rest of the country.

About as stupid as the rest of the country who voted in politicians.

Voting wouldn't be half bad, if we actually had someone worthy of voting for. I,m surprised all our pollies aren't on stress leave, they must know most of the country think they are a joke. And they weren't honestly voted in, most people just vote against the other person or party

Voting wouldn't be half bad, if we actually had someone worthy of voting for.

That's true, voting is never the issue, it's the fact you have to vote for a politician that is the issue. Then again we could be like the US and vote in a movie star, that seems like a logical method.

Rudd and Swan aside although Rudd probably deserved to do so. Really sounds like your crook on Labor not loosing any seats in Queensland.

Reason- Campbel Newman. I think even Queenslanders worked out they went a bit to crazy with the baseball bats at the last state election and there worried about that.

^ Dead right. Lives in Queensland, always has and doesn't even know how to spell Liberal...shame on you dave, you let the entire country down from your ivory Queensland tower.

Obviously another "rusted on" Queensland Labor supporter! Let me guess - never voted for anyone else and never will. Typical.

Typical of what - an apparently intelligent bloke deciding for himself which political party he will vote for? If that choice don't match your world view then so be it - but its a choice he is entitled to none the less

Yeah but they stuffed mine up because I got the one with the DPF and I've never voted for the Greens.

Damn no wonder D40 fuel economy is so shit when there is such a fat prick laying under the engine.

Do you know why us "stupid Queenslanders" vote people like Katter in? because no prick gives a flying f*$k what happens in north Queensland. be it floods, droughts, fingered roads, cattle or farming industry going down the shitter, no pollies really care. they come up with some far out solution that does nothing for the problem and leave it at that. as far as the rest of the country knows, they solved the problem. Katter may be a mad man but his heart is in the right spot, and he actually has an idea about the land and the problems that are faced up here. some of his ideas cut straight to the problem and don't beat around the political bull crap.

Queensland is still recovering from having our ass' handed to us by Newman, a lot of families trying to work out what to do and where to work now, no wonder no one wanted to vote for libs.

so before you get on your high and moral horse how about you walk a mile, or even drive a mile on our fingered high way that gets cut every time we get an inch of run and see what really is going on up here and why we vote the way we do.

I'm not saying, labor, libs, freakin greens, or katter is the answer but if the same parties with the same answers keep getting in, we will have the same results. Mix it up a bit and the parties might just catch on.

it's a never ending cycle, labour gets in for a few years after everyone gets sick of the libs, now the libs are back in and in a few years, everyone will be sick of them and vote labour back in. I think the PUP was a great idea, it threw a potential thrid party in the mix and made people reconsider ALP or LNP, so that in itself was great.

like most aussies, I wouldn't have a clue on what each party wants to do, what they have actually done or what they will actually achieve. unless you have the time to sit down and research it, you won't have a clue, they send out little bits of paper with a very vague outline of what they plan to do, but without seeing the entire breakdown and then following them through their time in office and seeing what they achieve and what they fail on and why - something may not be possible etc you'll never really know, hence why the popular face gets voted in or the unpopluar leader gets voted out

Latest posts

Back