Night run - Sat 13 feb

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aido

Reaction score
Undecided what area at the moment.
I will only be able to get my hands on the Nav from 7:30 Sat night. So I want to make the most of it.
It will either be (as suggested by 08 Kingcab) Lerderderg or Cobaws.
Details to be sorted if anyone else is interested. I'll be in no matter what so anyone else is more than welcome to join in.

:( Why arn't you in Brisbane !!

Cause you blokes talk funny hey! And youse all drink Tooheys.
A fair skinned Ranga like meself is more suited to the cooler climes.:big_smile:

Right so one in. Now to work out some details, planning and such.
Ange gets home from work with the Nav at 19:30 +/- 5 mins and so I am hamstrung by my departure time.
First thing might be to decide on location. Either location is 30 - 40 mins away and I am happy in either. Jase now that the thought is in your head, what are your thoughts? camping? round trip?
I'm happy to chuck on a BBQ here at home whilst waiting for my chariot to arrive.

Thats your second post and I hate you.

But I could be swayed if you handed over those tickets.

I'd probably struggle to get there much earlier than 7:30 myself, how about meeting at your place at 7:30 and head off from there?
Just a round trip, for me, I havent been to either forest so I'm not fussed where we go.

Done deal.
Lerderderg might be the best bet then.
I'm in Sunbury of course so anyone other than 08KINGCAB wanting to join up here before heading off your welcome. Will have a mate in the Navi chair and we will have a BBQ for dinner at or around 6 - 6:30. If anyone else is interested post up and I will PM the address.
For those that want to join in a bit later how about a meet up at the southern entrance to the park around 8:15 - 8:30? That would be off the Bachus Marsh - Gisbourne rd at the Nth end of Bachus Marsh.
So fellas from Geelong or Ballaraat its only 40mins away to there. Who's in?
Once again this will be a family friendly social event so all are welcome.

Last edited:
I wont be going,got a scuba dive/cray hunt booked in for Sunday morning with a mate that doesn't get the chance to go that often.

Just to make you more jelous Aido, they ar Diamond seats and the chance of me giving them up is much much less than sweet FA. I got them for christmas from my wife.

Just for that......

Whats she up to? No-one gets a gift like that without recourse.
Yeah! Just planting the seeds of doubt there.

Good on ya.
Catch you on the next one then.

Just for that......

Whats she up to? No-one gets a gift like that without recourse.
Yeah! Just planting the seeds of doubt there.

Good on ya.
Catch you on the next one then.

Hahahaha, yeah not sure, she said that I could take a mate if they wanted to come, but no one wanted to come to Sydney, even with the offer of a free $300 ticket to top gear.

You know I have always liked you. Your the best mate I have ever had. Your solid dude.
Nah really remember the time when we........

ah f#$% it your mates are soft. True that Sydney is well beyond par for places to visit but even I would tolerate it for a day or two for the sake of that ticket.

Checked my driving lights today, for Sat night, sure enough the relay was dead again, that's my third one, I don't think I have even used the lights since it was last replaced. Not sure whats going on I've tried 2 Bosch and a Narva with them all dying, Only thing I can think off is the relay isnt secured to anything it's just tucked in behind the battery, so maybe that's's the problem. Thinking about lashing out and buying a solid state relay, so I never have this problem again.
Took my truck to Nissan this morning so they could have a look at this oil leak, had to wait half an hour for the apprentice to stick his head under to see all the oil sprayed out from the front driveshaft seal. They didn't believe me, gave me the old "never seen one leaking before".Bull$hit. So I was late for a meeting at work, and the day just got worse from there on. Nissan have promised me that they'll order the new seal and fix it on Friday, fingers crossed I don't get stuffed around, otherwise I'll have to bring the Missus Jeep on Saturday night.

There is a pic somewhere here of the relays I use for driving lights. I too got sick of the crappy plastic ones and many years ago started using stronger ones. I always put it down to excessive heat either welding the contacts or forcing them apart and vibrations. But they are hard to get now and there are more people on here not having trouble with those cheap Narva and auto shop ones so you might just be unlucky.

Had a look at the Lerderderg area and due to it being a state park there is little in the way of adventurous tracks. It would be more suited to a day trip to see the sights that make it so special during daylight - apparently one of the oldest geological sites in Australia.
If Jase is the only one in then I have considered a round trip that includes the top half and into Wombat. We have had 2" of rain here between midday and 1900 so there is a guarantee of mud and brimming bogholes. But thats not the only reason for going out there during dark. I would like to see how much nocturnal wildlife we can spot - Has anybody ever seen sugargliders leap from tree top to tree top? It is something worth watching. This area is also known for owls. There are tracks and areas I have ruled out completely due to the rain we have received and are going to get between now and then but I know of a few that will definitely be a lot of fun now they are damp added to the fact that they will be done after dark.
Absolutely looking forward to this one.

Latest posts

Back