Diesel Power Chip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Reaction score
Anyone had dealings with these? Any feedback or thoughts?

Could it be simply unplugged prior to servicing to avoid warranty issues or can they still tell via onboard data logged?

Ebay linky

they boost power and torque. fuel efficiency depends on how u drive. more go-go, more foot on pedal. more foot on pedal, more juice used. they only improve fuel usage if u drive how u normally would. its a catch 22 situation

The PowerBox CR works by modifying the electronic signals that control fuel pressure produced by the pump in order to optimize engine performance.
Will not harm your engine, does not increase injection pressure

conflicting statements. looks like one of the many tweak the fuel pressure controllers.

avoid.

conflicting statements. looks like one of the many tweak the fuel pressure controllers.

avoid.
Rather then increase the fuel pressure, it adjust the injector timing and pulse width... From what I understand the fuel preasure and turbo boost preasures are not increased...

It's just a fuel pressure adjuster, it fudges the signal from the fuel rail pressure sensor, the ECU then instructs the fuel pump to increase pressure.

All the common rail chips do exactly the same thing, unless they connect directly to each individual injector and control timing and opening time of the injector itself.

Rather then increase the fuel pressure, it adjust the injector timing and pulse width... From what I understand the fuel preasure and turbo boost preasures are not increased...

"The PowerBox CR works by modifying the electronic signals that control fuel pressure produced by the pump in order to optimize engine performance."

says it all.

i had a steinbauer chip fitted 2 weeks ago 1490$ installed as am towing about 2 tonne i couldn,t be happier heaps more pull and seems gear changes a lot smoother . they offered me 30 days will give me my money back if i wasn,t happy

Hi guys,

I finally made a decision between the gas and chip, since no one would do the gas in Vic. i went the DPchip ( dyno ) and 2.75" mandrel bend exhaust with dump pipe and cat. My first original quote was $3650 and after many quotes inbetween i ended up getting it for $2760 here in Dandenong, Vic.

Its amazing what a bit of leg work and ringing around can do.

Someone out there was making a hell of a profit.

Friday week is D-day, can't wait

cheers,

Lance

Hehe, I actually got to compare the difference a couple of weeks ago when travelling up to Mansfield following a mate in stock engine wise 2006 Navara, normal driving they were fine, but I ate him on the hills, up through the Toolangi forest he was was pushing hard and I had to keep lifting the pedal to stop running into the back of him. :big_smile:

G'day guys,

Picked up the nav about 5.00pm and all is ready, tho we had problems with the hi flo cat, spoke to beaudesert and they are sending down another one, but god this little baby gets up and boogies now, goes like poo off a shovel, will hook up the tambo over easter and see's how she pulls. I have all the dyno graphs and will post them as soon as my daughter shows me how. LOL

cheers,

Lance

Anyone had dealings with these? Any feedback or thoughts?

Could it be simply unplugged prior to servicing to avoid warranty issues or can they still tell via onboard data logged?

Ebay linky

Re the warranty - this happened to me TODAY
had the chip and exhaust fitted yesterday, drove about 30 klms home, wife takes car out drives another 15 klm and engine warning light comes on - call roadside assist, they come out, diagnose and assure it is ok to drive home and take to Nissan next day

Take into Nissan today they finf blon fuse connecting glow plugs, hence the warning light

Nissan guy(young bloke) says "You have a chip in it"
Yes I say, had it fitted yesterday
Nissan guy says we have to charge for work done as we can't say that the chip didn't cause it
i say and you can't say the chip did either, asked if they wanted to unplug the chip to ascertain if in fact the chip is the problem and he says "IT IS HARD WIRED IN AND WE CAN'T DO THAT"

Got my neck hairs up straight away and I thought what fools am i dealing with here, the bloody thing IS NOT hard wired in, it is plug and play and I actually have to take him to the car to show him and the mechanic that supposedly diagnosed the problem

So i get on the phone and ring the fitter who in turn rings DP and their tech assures me that the chip is not on the same circuit as the glow plug fuse, tech in turn talks to Nissan boffin and I assume all is good

Wife goes in to pick up vehicle and is presented with $145 invoice (was never mentioned to me on the phone there were charges)

Guy still left in dealership reckons it is all too hard and tells wife to just take the vehicle after I calmly (yes) explained I was not paying as the problem is not connected to the DO Chip being installed

This saga will continue on Monday when I ring them to explain to me why there was a bill in the first place

So in answer to your querie re warranty
THEY WILL TRY IT ON
and not honour their warranty - if the do get straight onto the chip supplier and let them argue and noww I am glad I selected the DP Chip as I know their techs will argue black and blue with Nissan but in the end someone has to pay for warranty issues but it aint gunna be me

Sorry if this seems like I am rambling on but was trying to keep it as shor tas possible

Cheers
BOXXY

dealers are all the same... money before service. i even go into the stuff we had with my wifes lemon astra.

Re the warranty - this happened to me TODAY
had the chip and exhaust fitted yesterday, drove about 30 klms home, wife takes car out drives another 15 klm and engine warning light comes on - call roadside assist, they come out, diagnose and assure it is ok to drive home and take to Nissan next day

Take into Nissan today they finf blon fuse connecting glow plugs, hence the warning light

Nissan guy(young bloke) says "You have a chip in it"
Yes I say, had it fitted yesterday
Nissan guy says we have to charge for work done as we can't say that the chip didn't cause it
i say and you can't say the chip did either, asked if they wanted to unplug the chip to ascertain if in fact the chip is the problem and he says "IT IS HARD WIRED IN AND WE CAN'T DO THAT"

Got my neck hairs up straight away and I thought what fools am i dealing with here, the bloody thing IS NOT hard wired in, it is plug and play and I actually have to take him to the car to show him and the mechanic that supposedly diagnosed the problem

So i get on the phone and ring the fitter who in turn rings DP and their tech assures me that the chip is not on the same circuit as the glow plug fuse, tech in turn talks to Nissan boffin and I assume all is good

Wife goes in to pick up vehicle and is presented with $145 invoice (was never mentioned to me on the phone there were charges)

Guy still left in dealership reckons it is all too hard and tells wife to just take the vehicle after I calmly (yes) explained I was not paying as the problem is not connected to the DO Chip being installed

This saga will continue on Monday when I ring them to explain to me why there was a bill in the first place

So in answer to your querie re warranty
THEY WILL TRY IT ON
and not honour their warranty - if the do get straight onto the chip supplier and let them argue and noww I am glad I selected the DP Chip as I know their techs will argue black and blue with Nissan but in the end someone has to pay for warranty issues but it aint gunna be me

Sorry if this seems like I am rambling on but was trying to keep it as shor tas possible

Cheers
BOXXY

Boxxy, always, and I mean always remove your chip before it goes into Nissan for a service or warranty work...

Wha you have done now is sent up that red flag with Nissan, and proberbly Nissan Australia because you have that chip. If the service enter you wnet to want to be a C##t's they would have recorded that your D40 is chipped, and if your Engine or Turbo or drive line blow's or fails, there going to blame it all on the chip.

t will be up to you to prove it was not the chip that cause thee early retirment off the failed part. EI, Turbo... And if thhe Turbo does let go, whhat chance have you realy ot proving it was not related to the chip..

Thats were the Chip warranty comes in. But yeah i probably would have removed the chip just so nissan would have to replace anything that breaks. The more parties involved the longer/harder it will take to get warranty fixed. And they take long enough as it is.

Boxxy, always, and I mean always remove your chip before it goes into Nissan for a service or warranty work...

Wha you have done now is sent up that red flag with Nissan, and proberbly Nissan Australia because you have that chip. If the service enter you wnet to want to be a C##t's they would have recorded that your D40 is chipped, and if your Engine or Turbo or drive line blow's or fails, there going to blame it all on the chip.

t will be up to you to prove it was not the chip that cause thee early retirment off the failed part. EI, Turbo... And if thhe Turbo does let go, whhat chance have you realy ot proving it was not related to the chip..

Not up to me at all to prove anything - if i have a problem in that regard DP Chip battle it out with Nissan re the warranty etc etc
I had the chip fitted the day before so didn't get or think about taking it out because I can STILL CHANGE MY MIND and send the chip back for a refund if I am not happy with it after 30 days - so that will be a arguing point with Nissan on Monday - How can they continually (i presume) knock back warranty claims just because I HAD a chip in

I am not one to let some half arsed young service guy trying to win brownie points by picking up something like this to save his company moneu when he is wrong - reab back on my firat thread, they claimed it was hard wired in - HOW CLUEY ARE THEY for shits sake

All I am saying guys DON'T let them try and pull the wool over your eyes when it comes to these chips

Cheers
BOXXY and thanks for your replies

Nissan techs dont seem to be that bright....i had half a dozen try to convince me the d22 doesnt come with top bumpstops and its spose to be metal to metal..... i mean come on...how thick can you be...i had to get a pic to show them before the believed me

G'day guys, here are the results of the dyno, before and after tests. I can tell you it is a completly different Navara than the one i had the day before.

Attachments

• img12.jpg
    img12.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 154
  • img013.jpg
    img013.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 150
Back