V9X Catch Can

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3ltflogga

Reaction score
Yah!
1. Remove pipes to and from turbo
2. Remove small coolant line and hard pipe/bracket and push up behind fuel lines.
3. Undo the 4 bolts holding turbo manifold, rear bottom last (loosen)
4. With the last bolt in you can turn the manifold down, now remove the two 10mm bolts holding the black PVC Valve.
5. Everything away, I used 16mm hose and run it out to the front of the air box.
6. I fitted a Supacheap 'Drift' can onto the inter cooler bracket, filled it with rock wool and a thin aluminium baffle.
...photos...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1,639
Remove manifold

(Sorry, picture rotated. Use an extension and the last bolt is easy, just look for it)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 2,283
Last edited:
Drift can fitted to existing inter cooler bracket using supplied and re-bent mounting bracket.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 1,185
Good job man, great tips
Be interesting to see how much oil it catches,eh.
I'm up for the same mod,yet I'm goin flash and using a baffled Mishimoto can,
There used on the bigger duramax/ powerstroke donks with good results,
My only concern is blocking the flow too much with a smaller wool packed can.
Read on patrol forum dude used too small a setup and pressurised the sump etc blowing some seal??
Sounds feasible .
Your running good size pipes though, jus keep an eye they don't collapse under suction.

I fitted a large quality compressor filter with 3/4 hose, it catches about 50 mil every 1000 ks.

Holy hell that looks like a PITA to do. I'll pay you to do mine if you're up to it. haha

V9X catch can

I want to fit a catch can to the new Nav when it arrives. I've seen the post by 3ltFlogga. That's a real neat fit up but thinking about how easy is it to empty.
Looks like it has to be removed so you can empty it. Am I correct?
Like the the look of the Forefront Industries Pro Vent type because it has the tapered lower bowl with the outlet pipe.
I think you might be able to get the small F I catch can in the same place as 3ltFlogga's but don't think it is big enough for the volume of intake air going through the intake system.
I think the large can from F I would be better. Trouble is I can't see where it can be mounted.
Anyone got any suggestions?

Yes mate pain in the butt.
I have now fitted a length of flexible hose out the bottom of the can with a big stainless coach screw jammed in the end of the hose. Hose is cable tied to the little tow lug and is easy to reach.

Latest posts

Back