Group buy? "mud tyres"

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leprechaun

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting some muddies, my preference is for 265/75/16 Mickey thompson MTZ, Spoken to one dealer about getting the best price as possible for a larger quantity. Anyone in Melb interested? Probably need at least 4 member (20+ tryes) to make it worth while. The list price is $350 a tyre fitted.

Anyone know a tyre dealer in Melb who could offer a better price?

Well thats $10 cheaper per piece than I have been quoted for Maxxis Bighorns in the last week. Thats list price? What sort of discount is available on a bulk buy?

Well thats $10 cheaper per piece than I have been quoted for Maxxis Bighorns in the last week. Thats list price? What sort of discount is available on a bulk buy?

That was just a phone quote from JAX in Frankston, I would expect other dealers would beat that price by $5 or so, The chap I spoke to, said once I had some numbers, to go in and negotiate a deal. To go ahead I would need to place a deposit.

G'Day guys, I might be interested in your tyre deal depending on final pricing, also my brother in law just bought a new D22 so I know he's keen to get a decent set of tyres also, so between us might be at least 8-10 tyres depending if we replace spares or not....

Keep us posted.

Are you coming up to Brisbane in the near future? I was quoted $283 for 265/75/16 Bighorns fitted and balanced up here. That was a month ago.

I can get my hands on 20 bighorns for $280 a piece. My preference was Mickeys but for $280 the bighorns look like the way to go. Anyone else interested, another 8 or so could drop the price another $5-$10.
Let me know ASAP!

Do not buy the Mickeys if you plan on keeping them on the car, they are a soft compound tyre and wear out quickly on road driving.
Not even a mickey t agent could confirm me the kays i would get out of his tyres, in saying that they are a brilliant tyre for traction off road.

Do not buy the Mickeys if you plan on keeping them on the car, they are a soft compound tyre and wear out quickly on road driving.
Not even a mickey t agent could confirm me the kays i would get out of his tyres, in saying that they are a brilliant tyre for traction off road.

I might run the muddies as a second set, I have done that before, but I tend to get lazy and leave them on after the trip. In my opinion a muddy is only good for around 20k anyway, after that you loose the depth,sharp edges and the performance, better to sell them off and get new ones before they are totally worthless.

I need 6 x 265/75 16s but don't want MTZ. Really after a more AT style like Dick Cepek FC-II / Cooper ST / BFG ATs.

Hey guys, I got impatient and bought a set of KM2 BFG muddies today, $316 each which I thought was a good price. Fitted and balanced on the spot in 25 minutes. Pretty hard to beat that.

Good deal.
Stock up on gear oil or did that get fixed as well?
Yep all fixed under warranty. Nissan fuked me around, It wasn't ready to be picked up when they said, so I went for a walk to a small tyre dealer around the corner, 10 mins later I'd organised getting the BFG muddies fitted. He'll do me rims for $105 too. So I might end up running the muds as a second set. Can't wait to test them out tomorrow night!
PS. I also got my tuning chip tonight, results so far= very disappointing. Started at the factory setting of 3 now at 9 can't tell any difference.

Hey guys, I got impatient and bought a set of KM2 BFG muddies today, $316 each which I thought was a good price. Fitted and balanced on the spot in 25 minutes. Pretty hard to beat that.

Great price and nice tyre, well done. They get a great wrap from most of what I've seen/read.

Great price and nice tyre, well done. They get a great wrap from most of what I've seen/read.
First impressions, very quite, not as stable as the BFG A/t around fast corners, but that understandable, look narrow on the 7" rims, credit card is now maxed out!.

First impressions, very quite, not as stable as the BFG A/t around fast corners, but that understandable, look narrow on the 7" rims, credit card is now maxed out!.

It was a mistake to get a 7" rim in the first place, you should of at least got an 8" rim minimum. I also priced up some bf goodrich km2 muddies, i got quoted $395, they were for 35"s, look tuff on my car and they dont rub, awesome. Once again will post a pic when comp is up to speed and off dial up speed.

PS. I also got my tuning chip tonight, results so far= very disappointing. Started at the factory setting of 3 now at 9 can't tell any difference.

Check that it is fitted right, or that the unit isn't a dud. It should be noticable to say the least. What brand is it?

It was a mistake to get a 7" rim in the first place, you should of at least got an 8" rim minimum. I also priced up some bf goodrich km2 muddies, i got quoted $395, they were for 35"s, look tuff on my car and they dont rub, awesome. Once again will post a pic when comp is up to speed and off dial up speed.

Running the standard alloys, 16 X 8 are still too exxy for the D40 and the 16 x 8 sunraysia's stick out too far (0 offset instead of +30).

Latest posts

Back