Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have put a couple of pics on the members ride section, I'm getting a 2 inch lift kit for the car in the next couple of weeks:big_smile:

Hey mate, welcome.

Jason I assume? I'm a Jason...... in Brisbane...... with an ST-R as well. LOL small world :p

2003 STR, canopy, tub liner, piranha duel battery system, nissan snorkel & bullbar. Moved up from X-Trail (which did Birdsville, Oodnadatta, Darwin to Normanton via Borroloola Lawn Hill and BurkeTown). I hope I will be much happier on the creek crossings and corrugations.

Well give us a bloody look at it then mate :party:

Post some pics. Navaras are kinda like wives. I love looking at other peoples :big_smile:

If it seems really high at the front it will be wise to just under and have a look at the gap between the upper control arms and the top bump stops, any less than 10mm gap there and it will handle like a pig, not to mention chop out the upper control arm bushes fairly quickly due to it hitting the bump stop all the time, and others have said, lets see some pics.

I have Finally got around to taking pics of the 2 inch Lift Here you go boys

Attachments

• 011_1.jpg
    011_1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 007_1.jpg
    007_1.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 008_1.jpg
    008_1.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 001_1.jpg
    001_1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 46
If it seems really high at the front it will be wise to just under and have a look at the gap between the upper control arms and the top bump stops, any less than 10mm gap there and it will handle like a pig, not to mention chop out the upper control arm bushes fairly quickly due to it hitting the bump stop all the time, and others have said, lets see some pics.

I'm going to install my kit this weekend, so i'll use the 10mm magic number. Curious how many mm lift over standard does that give shonky?

I'm going to install my kit this weekend, so i'll use the 10mm magic number. Curious how many mm lift over standard does that give shonky?

I couldn't say exactly, rough guess would be 30-40mm at the front. Since I posted that I've actually lowered mine a little more still, it's now about a 12mm gap and the front end rides and steers so much better it is not funny, the reason being is the way the shocks are mounted to the lower control arms, the higher you raise the suspension, the less strength the shocks have due to the geometry, the steering is also much more direct because there is less angle on the tie rods.

Last edited:
Back