Show us your campsite

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevyn

Reaction score
It's a forgone conclusion that everyone is proud of their camp setup whether it's a $2 tarp and a sleeping bag right up to the mighty touring Fifth wheeler. So what's your set up like?
I have a Coromal camper, not an offroad job but I can get it where my Wife is comfortable camping. I prefer to go places without powered sites but the Boss likes power, mainly because the facilities are better. We have an annex for those extended stays but my preference is to feed the Bunnings tarp into the track on the roof which gives a really good indoorsy outdoorsy area to cook and sip the amber fluids.

Cheers Brad

Attachments

• Riverwood_Downs1.jpg
    Riverwood_Downs1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Riverwood_Downs2.jpg
    Riverwood_Downs2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Treasure Island1.jpg
    Treasure Island1.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 108
  • Treasure_Island2.jpg
    Treasure_Island2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 103
We're a full-van setup with roll-out awning, which during our Christmas trip proved to be incredibly useful. We could stop anywhere and without any effort we could cook, or make sandwiches, grab a drink, use the toilet - whatever. Pulling over late at night and just climbing into bed was a god-send.

When we stop for a day or more, we drop a sheet of shade cloth to protect the ground and keep our feet/shoes clean - it works, surprisingly. When you lift it away, unlike lino, it doesn't yellow the grass either.

One of our favourite places for a quick weekend getaway that's really easy to get to is McNamara Park in Broke, see the thumbnail pic. We camp at the northern end, away from the main group of campers - mostly because we don't like their noise and we like to run our generator now and again. Although it's nearly the quietest on the market - the Honda Eu20Si at 52db is only beaten by the Eu30 at 51db - it's still noise that we don't want to impose upon others.

Attachments

• IMAG0052-resized.jpg
    IMAG0052-resized.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 84
Here is my Setup

Attachments

• 2009 Australia Day  Camping weekend @ Levuka NSW 068.JPG
    2009 Australia Day Camping weekend @ Levuka NSW 068.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 118
We could stop anywhere and without any effort we could cook, or make sandwiches, grab a drink, use the toilet - whatever. Pulling over late at night and just climbing into bed was a god-send.
That's the down side of my wind-up as compared to a full van or campertrailer.
jas4x4 looks like you were about to get wet in that photo!!

Brad

When i camp with my missus we take this one,plenty of room for two,you can cook and eat in the front room if you need to and there is a nice seperate bedroom out the back,you can lift the flap up on poles if it's hot or you want a view.We take a pota-potty for if she needs the dunny during the night,but i actually got her to use a pit toilet last easter,never thought i would see that happen.A huge step forward in our relationship.I married her in October.
P4100272.jpg

If i camp by myself i take a canvas single pole,so easy to set up and pull down,only a few minutes.
PC270007.jpg

These are the only pics I have so far of our new Camper setup down at Hopkins River Caravan Park in Warrnambool over Christmas Holidays, so hopefully some more good pics to come......

matt-vnet-pro-albums-randoms-matt-picture393-hopkins-river-1.jpg

matt-vnet-pro-albums-randoms-matt-picture392-hopkins-river-2.jpg

matt-vnet-pro-albums-randoms-matt-picture391-hopkins-river-3.jpg

When i camp with my missus we take this one,plenty of room for two,you can cook and eat in the front room if you need to and there is a nice seperate bedroom out the back,you can lift the flap up on poles if it's hot or you want a view.We take a pota-potty for if she needs the dunny during the night,but i actually got her to use a pit toilet last easter,never thought i would see that happen.A huge step forward in our relationship.I married her in October.
P4100272.jpg

If i camp by myself i take a canvas single pole,so easy to set up and pull down,only a few minutes.
PC270007.jpg

Is that sheepyard flat in the first pic?
The second pic is definitely you! A chair + esky + a ton of firewood + a cave to retreat to. :big_smile:

This is our Camper Trailer for when the whole family goes away. (Bought this off the forums here from Chartrock, got rained on solid and hard for 3 days and didn't let a drop in, impressed)

IMG_4134Medium.jpg

This is for when just a couple of us are camping.

IMG_2415Medium.jpg

Here is two photos, one is as I arrived to lakefield national park for a barra fishing trip load up with the boat and camping gear, and the other is my camp trailer setup west Of Cairns. The last Photo is of the first trip in the Nav to lakefield national park.

Attachments

• DSCI0108.jpg
    DSCI0108.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCI0023.jpg
    DSCI0023.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCN0138.jpg
    DSCN0138.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 85
Nice set ups guys, last time i went camping (fishing o/night) it was a blow up under the tonneau.

Takin the lil lady out this weekend so will be a tent, but dreamin of one of those offroad campers one day or even a roof top over some drawers in the tray :idea:

From the October long weekend 2009 at Innes National Park.

will-albums-will-s-2003-navara-st-r-picture394-browns-campground.jpg

Last edited:
Boys weekend camp last winter.
Didnt take the Nav as the company truck does'nt cost me anything to run. (some jobs have perks).

Normaly if just me and wife we like to splurge and get room with some modcons in the city,

but I love the trips like this with just the basic things into "gods country" just me and my boys.

First pic is our very basic,
but home away from home,

second pics our water supply,

and last pics the boys warming their feet after the morning hunt.

Attachments

• Boys Trip 001.jpg
    Boys Trip 001.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Boys Trip 006.jpg
    Boys Trip 006.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Boys Trip 013.jpg
    Boys Trip 013.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 96
Camped somewhere in the Great Victorian Desert along the Connie Sue, August 09.
Pretty hard to beat a desert sunset.

Attachments

• camp.jpg
    camp.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 87
  • sunset.jpg
    sunset.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 59
Looks great Krankin,what area is that?

Thanks, yes it is , specially when there's been a snowfall
and it not too far for me to travel and as always its hard to come down out of there at the end of the weekend.
That camp is up at 1150 metres in Rubicon SF, VIC.

Latest posts

Back