Lovells shocks - gas legend

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aido

Reaction score
Just ordered a set through 4wd direct.
$439 for the set of 4. Was going to go with OME Nitrochargers but the budget would only stetch this far - More overtime next week!
Lets see how they go with delivery. Would be very impressed if they arrived before the weekend. Every business day thereafter they lose a point.
Anything has to be better than the OE shocks so I look forward to how much better they perform.
Standby for future review.

Just ordered a set through 4wd direct.
$439 for the set of 4. Was going to go with OME Nitrochargers but the budget would only stetch this far - More overtime next week!
Lets see how they go with delivery. Would be very impressed if they arrived before the weekend. Every business day thereafter they lose a point.
Anything has to be better than the OE shocks so I look forward to how much better they perform.
Standby for future review.

Gee Aido, your getting serious, snorkle and shocks all in a week!
When I changed my shocks I could feel the difference just backing out the driveway.

I finished my intercooler hardpipe upgrade, seems to have improved throttle response a bit. Ordered a tuning chip, I am also hoping it arrives before the weekend.

Also considering the Snake Racing upper control arms just to give a proper 2"lift.
Trying to keep on track though balancing needs and wants.
Its so confounding on where to allocate funds and to get maximum benefit from upgrades without overdoing it on gimmicky "must haves"
Thats another story though so lets see how these shocks go. I figure that even if they have a negligible result after fitting then I'll sell them on and maybe recoup 75% of cost. So nothing ventured nothing gained.

I've had Lovells on for about twelve months now and very happy with them. Compared to the originals they're huge! You'll see what I mean when you take them out of the box. Have you got your beers ready for the work ahead??

Cheers Brad

I've just been looking at this set on the 4WD Direct site as well. Seeing as our Nav has done 114000ks, the original Nissan shocks are well past it.

I see they are suitable for std height and 2" raised suspension as well. Ours is still std height, can't afford a full upgrade just yet.

So my main question is it is ok to put quality shocks only on now, and get the rest of the kit, (raised springs etc) on later? The Nav is rolling a bit in corners and I'm thinking that new big bore shocks will help in that respect.

Any guidance from more experienced owners welcome, :victory:

Hoo Roo

I've just been looking at this set on the 4WD Direct site as well. Seeing as our Nav has done 114000ks, the original Nissan shocks are well past it.

I see they are suitable for std height and 2" raised suspension as well. Ours is still std height, can't afford a full upgrade just yet.

So my main question is it is ok to put quality shocks only on now, and get the rest of the kit, (raised springs etc) on later? The Nav is rolling a bit in corners and I'm thinking that new big bore shocks will help in that respect.

Any guidance from more experienced owners welcome, :victory:

Hoo Roo
Sure you can, best way to spread the cost. Buy and fit the 2" longer shocks, then do the springs later when you have the funds.

when i contacted caloffroad a while ago (few months) about buying their shocks which are extended (2-3 inches) they said that they can't be used unless the vehicle is lifted?

Thanks King.

That was my concern as well Maddog, new shocks being used for std and raised suspension. But according to 4WD Direct, the Lovells are suitable for both applications. I'm going to double check with them anyway.

Hoo Roo

Best bit so far is.....
Me ----->"I spent a bit over $400 last night on some new suspension bits for the car"
Her ------>" Thats ok "

OH F^&%ing YEAH!!!!

Thanks King.

That was my concern as well Maddog, new shocks being used for std and raised suspension. But according to 4WD Direct, the Lovells are suitable for both applications. I'm going to double check with them anyway.

Hoo Roo

2" will be OK, 3-4" would most likely need longer bump stops.

Best bit so far is.....
Me ----->"I spent a bit over $400 last night on some new suspension bits for the car"
Her ------>" Thats ok "

OH F^&%ing YEAH!!!!

:laugh::laugh: Thats Gold.!

Well, as soon as I buy some drainage channel to put around the pool, I think some nice new Lovells are going on the Nav. The snorkel can wait a bit longer.

Hoo Roo

Best bit so far is.....
Her ------>" Thats ok "

OH F^&%ing YEAH!!!!

BE VERY WORRIED!!!!!!!

If my missus doesn't whinge about me spending money, I know is just because she has just spent more LOL.

Arrived today.
12 days for delivery.
out of 10 I would rate that at 5 for internet shopping. If you are going to advertise an item and offer "prompt shipping" then make the customer aware that there may be a delay while they source out of stock parts.

Now lets see how they go!
Will have them in by the end of the week hopefully.

Craziest of notions struck me after dinner and I decide to fit them up tonight.
Overall they only took me an hour to fit. But absolutely knackered from work and doing it in the dark by torchlight didn't help.

How are they?
in a word............Pfffffft.
There is a small increase in damping ability and enough of a difference in ride quality to notice it but I'm not about to scream from the rooftops about it. Build quality and the additional travel over the standard shocks is far superior but if your like me and looking for a smoother more comfortable ride then you may be disappointed.
Bear in mind though that our vehicle is unladen and carries a canopy on the rear and a steel bar with a winch on the front. A fully loaded tub/tray would produce better results. If you also carry next to no weight in the rear then modified leaf springs would be the next progression........That will be another thread!

Mmmm, 12 days for delivery within Australia is crap seeing as it took just 14 days to get my new guitar delivered from Baltimore USA to Brisbane.

But anyway, my setup weightwise sounds fairly similar, although I have no canopy yet. And that is one thing I did want to improve was the ride comfort. I might save a bit more and get the leaf springs done at the same time.

But only an hour to fit the 4 shocks, thats good going.

Hoo Roo

Latest posts

Back