DIY Roof Racks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattberry1611

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just thought I would show you my roof racks I made.
All up it would have cost around $300 for the steel and paint and welding rods.
Am not very skilled in the welding area so the welds aren't to pretty but it's pretty strong.
The rear rails are internally supported with a Frame I made as is very solid, I can jump up and down on 1 rail with no movement on the rail.
However the roof of the cab can apparently only support about 90kgs, but I am in the process of re-in forcing that, and will update pics and let you know when I am done.
I am pretty happy with the outcome, serves the purpose for camping and for work(electrician) carrying ladders and materials.
With the racks the height of the car is 1900mm, that's with stock wheels and suspension. (Will be getting that done soon) so that height will still allow my car to be under 2m for underground parking in the city where I work.
Also I would post more pics to show more detail but no idea how, it's not letting me...

Cheers
Matt

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:
Looks good. The canopy racks look really close to the cabs do you plan on laying anything across them??

Yeah they are about 100mm apart. The canopy racks and the rails of the tray on the front are all level, so if I ever need to carry something long it can be secured down properly.
Do you know how I can put more pics up at all? I think my files are too big or something..

Guessing too big maybe as you have seem to do everything right.....

I wouldn't Securer anything across the two as if you look closely you notice as you drive the tub & canopy will rock one way & the cab will rock the other, ripping the rack out of the roof.

I'm very glad you told me that haha, thanks.
Well at least it will be there to support something long, I'll just make sure I only fix the load to either the cab or the canopy

Looks good mate. The welds look OK from here.

I'll be putting together a roof rack during the Christmas break. It'll have alloy chequer plate on the floor and the front and back will be open so I can carry long things. May even have a few gaps in the roof so I can loop ropes through it.

What a solid roof? I'm going to mainly use it as a place to carry fire wood. The wood will most likely be thrown up, so the chequer plate should protect the roof of my canopy underneath.

That sounds good, but the roofs on the cab can only take about 90kgs. I am going to re inforce it in the next week from the inside of the car with 5mm steel plate, I will keep you updated on how it goes.

Matt

Latest posts

Back