RX Dual Cab Pick Up 4x4 manual $30,990

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MACD22

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am about to take advantage of Nissan's October promotion and buy a Navara RX 4x4 dual cab for $30,990!

I don't want to spend a lot of money and the price seems pretty good for what you get!

If anyone has anything they could point out that I may have overlooked while researching this model please comment below, or anything about this model you don't like would be helpful too, thanks!!

Well what you need it for??? Sound like a good buy. They are very much the provo pack of th d40s, but will stall do the job of a tradie ute. I when the ST last year as they are a little more refined and No dpf on the auto. Child restrains the RX is missing too

I have an '09 RX and find it to be quite good. That being said mine has extra bits from the factory in spain so I cant compare apples with apples. What it does lack is electric mirrors and keyless entry. I see the new ones have keyless entry and bluetooth so that is an improvement. It will really depend on what you want to do with it and if you are prepared to add the extra bits if you want them.

while i think that is a great deal i would still be thinking is it worth the extra 6k to upgrade to the ST, you get the 140kw motor, traction control, vehicle dynamic control (VDC), climate control, side airbags, 5 tie down utili-track rails, carpet, 60/40 split rear seats, cruise control, alloy wheels, chrome rear bumper, ect
IMO i just think all that is worth the extra coin, BUT like i said 30k is still a great deal for a new RX.

My 2012 RX dual cab chassis was $38K with my chosen ally tray from Duratray.
Elec windows, central locking, cruise control, bluetooth head unit (Radio) for mobile ph link, Carpet floor, Nissan Floor mats, Cloth seats (ST level) - were ALL standard due to Nissan temporarily "upspecing" the RXs at the end of 2011 and early 2012 :)

Child restraints x2 were about $400 fitted in Warwick where i was at the time.
Go after market (ie NOT dealer) for window tinting, floor mats, paint protect (if you desire it), anything really is cheaper if you organise it and pick the brand that you are happy with.

MUST get are Bash plates to protect the engine sump. Separate threads here about them.

The stock rear suspension is shyte when loaded up with more than 200 Kgs. So i would look into beefing that up with a 2" lift and stronger units - Zordo is very popular here for suspension upgrades.

Good choice of vehicle.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your replies of helpful information. Most of you identified that the additional extras you get with the ST may almost be enough to justify spending the extra $7,000!

The extras that the ST has that the RX doesn't (that matter to me) are;

-140kw/450nm engine, RX only 126kw/403nm
-Fuel Consumption (comb) ST 8.5L, RX 9.8L
-17 inch alloy wheels, RX 16 inch steel
-Dual zone climate control
-Side impact and curtain airbags, RX only dual airbags
-Nisan's VDC with active break limited slip diff, RX only vehicle dynamic control
-sidesteps, alloy rear step, sports bar, not on RX
-better looking cloth seats
-tie down track system in tub
-carpet floor

I have 2 questions

1/ Do you think these extras are worth $7,000, or would you spend the extra 7k at ARB?

2/ Do you think in 5 years the resale value of the RX and ST will have depreciated by the same percent from their respective sale prices?

thanks,
Mark

Some of these things can be changed cheeper than though Nissan. I added side steps from ebay for $315.00 delivered, IMO they look better than standard. I also got rid of the headboard bar and added a sports bar (had to cut the headboard bar off and do some paint)(no probs for me). I changed the stereo to a Pioneer APP Radio with better speakers (cost around $1000,00). I have also see the rear step on ebay (aftermarket but new) for around $300.00. I have been thinking about getting one myself. Nissan quoted $3000,00.

As for the diff, is it worth the cost or are you going to get a locker down the track (don't know if that changes the nissan stuff).

I have not used the tie down system but it looks bulky to me. Mine had loops on a rail down both sides that the P.O. had made I think.

The extra air bags and dual zone climate control would be very hard to add later and would likely cost $7000 on there own.

As I said I can't compare my RX to many others, mine came standard with
Carpet
Electric windows
Central locking
ABS
Alloys (16inch)
60/40 rear seat
Mine is also Spanish built (most RX's are Thai) so I don't know about the power output but I want to look into that.

I would not have bought the car with no carpet of electric windows (but that's me). I hope this helps with your choice.

Last year I bought my Thai built RX. I went with the option of buying a cheaper vehicle (in comparison to the ST) and fitting it out with the money saved. ARB canopy and Deluxe bullbar with foglights, genuine towbar, EBAY genuine 17 inch alloy wheels, reversing camera and a tuning chip all cost under $5000. So, the question is, do you want the side airbags, sidesteps , active brake LSD and dual climate control?
The 2012 RX had an option of Vinyl floor (which I took for ease of cleaning), lacked the volume controls for stereo on steering wheel (the radio is almost 6 inches away, hardly a stretch), no side steps (only option I miss, for a little stone protection) nor Alloy sports bar (which I didn't care for as I was fitting a Canopy). The Thai built cars don't have the 60/40 rear seat option, which could be handy. The only other thing I have noticed is it's a bit harder to get some accessories like long range tanks and under vehicle protection for the Thai built vehicles.

Personal the ST is much smoother engine as well. 1lt to the 100 adds up. And the track system wouldn't do with out it. Didn't think i needed it but has come in handy more times then i can count.

My last D40 didnt have the "ABLS diff's"(traction control) and i was about to spend the $4k on lockers, but i ended up getting a new 2012 ST before i did that, anyway i didnt realise at the time of purchase that it even had traction control but once i got use to how and when it works i am stoked and have no need to buy lockers, The new one goes much further then the old one would ever go and does it allot easier while it's at it.
so for me just that and the 140kw engine would be enough to go with the ST.

Hey hope everyone's enjoying the w/e,

and thanks for everyone's comments and informative info shared in this thread.

So I signed the contract today for a Black ST! $37,990 with tub liner and 0.9% finance!

If anyone has any info you think would be valuable to me about these D40s please comment / share the link below.
thanks

congrats mate! im sure you will be happy with it, and imo the ST is the way to go for the coin.

Did you end up selling your old d22, you were selling it a couple of years ago weren't you. Got to ask have you been to the dark side hehe

Hey Nathan, I agree I test drove both the RX and ST, and if only for how much more refined the drive of the ST is over the RX its worth an extra 7k! I drove a 2013 str and honestly I think that is a nicer drive than the RX. and I'm looking forward to the additional features that the ST has.

Hey Dave, yeah I did sell the Green D22 a couple of years back as soon as I had payed it off, had it advertised in 10001 places and some random bought it from the side of the road. Aaaand may have had a Hilux single cab after that! hence how quiet I've been on here!

Back