longrange tank options

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quent85

Reaction score
Hey everyone got a October 2010 thai built d40 and looking at tank options so far looking at the longranger 70 auxiliary tank, have people used this tank and whats there thoughts and opinions and other options of tanks

Thabks for any help

Hey mate,

I've got the 70 ltr Longranger in my D40 Nav. No problems whatsoever. Fitted perfectly first go. Helped a mate fit an Ironman long range tank to his D40. We had to elongate a couple of holes to make it fit and on of the welds at the top of the tank fouled on a bracket underneath the tray. You get what you pay for.

Cheers,

Jay

Hey mate,

I've got the 70 ltr Longranger in my D40 Nav. No problems whatsoever. Fitted perfectly first go. Helped a mate fit an Ironman long range tank to his D40. We had to elongate a couple of holes to make it fit and on of the welds at the top of the tank fouled on a bracket underneath the tray. You get what you pay for.

Cheers,

Jay

how much are they i couldn't find a price?

Long time lurker - I have just had one fitted to my 2011 Thai built D40 about 4 weeks ago and had no issues other than they had to modify some brackets as I have air bags fitted to the rear coil springs which cost me a little bit more.

Fits up above the spare wheel in that vacant space.

Currently my odometer is sitting on 1090 km since last fill and the gauge is reading just below 1/2 full - this is for the original tank as the auxiliary tanks gravity feeds into the main one so the fuel gauge show full until the main tank starts to empty.

No problems or issues so far.

Hope this helps.

Karl

Another 70L ARB tank here. Been in for the better part of 5 years now without fault. Fitted it myself no probs.

My gauge is currently sitting just under full, with approx 600km travelled this tank (most of it towing my caravan). We get around 1000-1100km from a tank towing the van. No van, anything up to 1400 (when refilling, 10-15 litres still remaining).

get brown davis or long range automotive.
down side of ARB long ranger is that you still have to keep your stock fuel tank which is made out of plastic.
i have brown davis on mine no issues.
also having two tanks means there are more component to go wrong. eg fuel line. thats my 2cent

Has anyone replaced the existing fuel tank with a 150lt tank (or how ever big you get them) instead of just adding an auxiliary tank. Opinions?

Yeah mate got the 145l ironman fitted to my 09 STX, apart from having to go back because the fuel gauge didnt work i havent had any issues. Best thing i have ever fitted. Holds closer to 155l though as a few times i have thrown 150l at it when on the low side of the needle.

Has anyone replaced the existing fuel tank with a 150lt tank (or how ever big you get them) instead of just adding an auxiliary tank. Opinions?

Yeah mate got the 145l ironman fitted to my 09 STX, apart from having to go back because the fuel gauge didnt work i havent had any issues. Best thing i have ever fitted. Holds closer to 155l though as a few times i have thrown 150l at it when on the low side of the needle.

How many KM's do you get out of a tank? does the 'km's to emtpy' still reads accurately or does it not work with the big tank?

How many KM's do you get out of a tank? does the 'km's to emtpy' still reads accurately or does it not work with the big tank?

Mine doesnt have the klms to empty, it stays on the Full mark for roughly the first 500 or so klms. I usually fill up at 1200k mark and takes close to 140l depends on what driving I do, mainly highway miles out to the minesite.

nope doesnt work. either you get sub tank or replacement tank. km to ety wont work due to ecu still think you have 80L tank.

Latest posts

Back