Chunky is my D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jas4x4

Reaction score
This is my Ride 2005 Navara

Attachments

• 2009 Australia Day  Camping weekend @ Levuka NSW 033_2.jpg
    2009 Australia Day Camping weekend @ Levuka NSW 033_2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 16,556
  • 2009 Australia Day  Camping weekend @ Levuka NSW 032_2.jpg
    2009 Australia Day Camping weekend @ Levuka NSW 032_2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 267
Yeah mate the mudder the truck get the happier i get!!! That weekend I went places that a 80 series was not able to get:no:

Love the Navara now!!!

Last trip we went on the Hub Shat it's self. Replaced with AVM Hubs

Really great hubs would suggest to anyone to put in

Jas

What happened to the hubs mate? I've pulled mine apart and greased them up and they seem like a pretty solid unit.

Hope the AVM hubs hold up Jas, of all the brands the genuine Nissan ones are the strongest from what I've read, most don't rate the AVM hubs anywhere near as strong as the Nissan.

Hope the AVM hubs hold up Jas, of all the brands the genuine Nissan ones are the strongest from what I've read, most don't rate the AVM hubs anywhere near as strong as the Nissan.

Thats exactly what I was thinking shonky but didn't want to burst his bubble!

the bearing race on the drivers side failed, only found about 7 of the ball bearings. When i was find how much the replacement hub was i found that the AVM hub design was a lot better and you know when the hub is as it is has a positive feedback when engaging and disengaging.

but all in all i got the AVM hubs for about $ 250 so it was the cheaper option, very happy now, not much fun in 3 wheel drive!!

the bearing race on the drivers side failed, only found about 7 of the ball bearings. When i was find how much the replacement hub was i found that the AVM hub design was a lot better and you know when the hub is as it is has a positive feedback when engaging and disengaging.

but all in all i got the AVM hubs for about $ 250 so it was the cheaper option, very happy now, not much fun in 3 wheel drive!!

How much was the Nissan alternative?

Installed 2 Inch Lift Kit

Attachments

• 001_1.jpg
    001_1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 251
  • 007_1.jpg
    007_1.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 008_1.jpg
    008_1.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 011_1.jpg
    011_1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 239
Looks good jas, but one thing, check the distance between the top bump stops on the front, any less than 10mm and it will top out on them on largish bumps all the time and chew out your upper control arm bushes, not to mention ride like a pig.

Now the 4x4 is not only a work Truck it is now a Family Bus as I (My Wife) have just had a Baby Boy :)

Latest posts

Back