2013 Feedback & Discussion

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old.Tony

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I thought it'd be a good idea to have a specific place to provide feedback - from everyone and anyone.

If you didn't make it, why? Did you not get enough time to organise leave from work? Did the event clash with a sporting/social event?

If you did make it, would you go again? What if it was a little further away, or closer, or in another state?

More specifically - did the committee stuff up? I know we could have put certain prizes up as "1st, 2nd and 3rd" in the raffle but we thought that the winner of first place might already have that prize and would prefer the 2nd place prize - thus allowing choice to the winner allowed them to select something more appropriate to them. Is there anything else? We didn't signpost the track to the Gymkhana (we will do that next time), even I got lost going there. Anything else?

What did the committee do that it could have done better? We put signs on the road near the site, but didn't do anything at the highway, which was quite a few km away. Should we?

Was the location in an appropriate place? Did you like that there was shelter and chairs for the announcements (welcome, prizes, raffles)? Would you like to see more structure to the weekend, perhaps with two clearly defined and organised events in the morning and afternoon (eg one event = 4WDing, the other not)? How would you like to see that happen?

We'll bring the form-based feedback in here too, but let's start discussing things that you think of (what I've raised above is just to promote discussion).

If you don't feel comfortable with everyone knowing how you feel about it, you can send me a PM and I'll anonymise it - leaving the detail without the name.

We have two musters under our belts now - and we'd like to make the next one even bigger than this one. You can help us to make it better!

tony,
i would like to congratulate you and your team for donating a lot of time and effort to organize a great weekend, considering your catering for a lot of people you have never met and who live all over the place. as you mentioned, you had to rely on pre-paid bookings to ensure it would go ahead, and it did, so that in itself says that it was a good formula.
the facilities were good, lacked nothing, the park itself had plenty of variety, only the endless amount of loose rocks everywhere made me nervous as i don't yet have any bash plates.
while i'd be happy to have it there again, i think it's only fair that it changes locations, so the same people don't have to do all the travelling all the time.

next time i'll make sure i'm there for at least 3 days, as arriving on Saturday morning didn't leave enough time to relax properly and get to meet everyone properly.
look forward to the next one.

cheers
eric

Last edited:
tony
once again you and the rest of the comitee did a great job putting the muster together
I was fortunate to be included in some of the behind the scenes threads discussing muster issues and it really highlighted to me how much time and effort you all put in to make this event happen
from organising sponsors to communicating with the property owners to handling the financial and legal issues
I cant thank the comitee enough for a great muster
GOOD WORK GUYS
cheers

Last edited:
i couldnt make it up this year, i am very jealous though seeing the pictures,
Its inspired me to make it happen next year. even with another trip OS planned in december.
I guess the deciding factor is the Km's from home needed to get there coming from the ACT i guess anything is quite a drive a ways you'd think i was used to it by now :p

looking forward to the next one

I'd like to thank all the organisers of the event, it was really good fun and I had a blast!
My only complaint was that I wasn't prepared for how bloody cold it was going to be at night :)

I'd like to send my thanks to the committee for a great weekend. I came into the organizational side of things late when most of the work was done, reading back through the threads I seen just how much work the committee had done and I take my hat off to them. Job well done.

My only comment is that we need to run it as a three full day event. Me and others mentioned to me it felt like it finished as quick as it started. I know some people will have no choice sometimes to leave early, but most will be able too get a day or two's annual leave if we can get a date for next years muster out soonish

Agreed Brad i felt bad having a 3hr drive most of you came a long way but perhaps next time make it longer agree on the date and speak to your employer about leave and book in early for the muster just looking at the amount of views of the threads says to me there is alot of folk that simply did not or could not make and enjoyed the pics one other thing the 2 members of the committee with injury and in pain pushed on and made it there despite all the setbacks again thanks to all that organized this great event .
John

Like others have said, thanks to the committee for all the time and effort put in behind the scenes to make the weekend happen, i had a great time even though i didnt have my Nav.

My only thing would of ben to have a set itinerary, not that we wanted it to be to militant, but a few things set out before arrival so as people could have something to go off.
I think if we had a set time for the start of the muster so attendees could aim at arriving prior to set up, then we could of had a welcome meeting and let people now of what was on offer for them if they so pleased. it would also allow the committee to plan things out, and for those who arrive late they would now what and where people may be, like saturday, if anyone arrived while the majority was on the condamine river drive they would of thought where is everyone and what do we do?
maybe we could have had another activity listed for those people even if it was a 4x4 trip around the park for eg.
at least that way they could choose what they want to do and know what is on offer in advance so as they could make sure they were around for the activity that suited them.
I would also like a set finish time, this would allow people to plan there saty and know that things like raffle draw, "Navkhana" presentation, thanks for coming and also give every one a chance to say goodbye ect.

please dont get me wrong i think the weekend was awesome and do appreciate the committee efforts and all the work and time they put in.

Thanks again guys and thanks for the chance to voice our feedback.
regards,
Nathan.

Yeah 100% agree with Nathan. Just helps people plan what they need to do. I was told Friday night we where leaving at 9am Saturday for the trip, at 8am on my way back from the showers I was told we were leaving in 15 - 20 minutes. I had to try and feed my 6 month old and get him read. He was restless all day cause he never had a proper feed.

The committee did a great job and worked hard, but little things like that can be fixed.

Back