Greenslips in NSW

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryc

Reaction score
I though I'd post this web site for anyone who is chewing over the cost of their greenslip. It is for NSW (only?)

http://www.greenslips.com.au/

When the NRMA sent me a reminder for greenslip for ~$800, it was WTF!!!!
Investigated and found I could get greenslip from QBE for ~$550(phew) but there is a catch and that is four of the eight greenslip insurers offer extra driver at fault coverage. It seems greenslips don't fund drivers at fault! I'm not sure about this as the whole scheme is supposedly no-fault but they claim drivers at fault are still screwed.

Anyway, read to your hearts content.

You pay a fortune for insurance each year, and if you make a single claim, your premium goes up by just enough to cover the cost of the claim in 12 months. The shareholders don't miss out, you THOUGHT you got a bargain and the insurance company board of directors just keep rubbin' their fat hands together.

A few months back I bought a Navara D22 from Brisbane ,as it still had over 3 months rego I decided to drive it till it ran out here in NSW , I was surprised that in QLD the green slip is so cheap compared to NSW ,it was only $400 for the full year there through Suncorp/ GIO,
When it came time to change it over I used the Green slip site and found GIO to be over $1,000 here ,I settled on QBE $560,
So why is NSW so dear compared to QLD same insurance company's but some how we here in NSW get screwed twice as much as those in QLD for the same vehicle ??

Wow you guys are getting screwed!! CTP is covered in the rego in SA and Tas (although some idiots think that means they don't need third party property or comprehensive insurance).

Here's hoping you get a serious discount on rego (>$1000 in SA & $600 in Tas).

Green slips in NSW are issued by insurance companies.

Look in the dictionary under "thief", "burglar", "highwayman", "pickpocket" and "robber".

If it were you or me doing it, we'd be standing in front of a magistrate hoping we didn't get a long sentence or have to visit "Big Bob" again when he'd finished with the guy in the cell next to yours.

Don't know why you have been charged so much. My green slip (paid 1st Oct) was $435.24, it is with the NRMA in NSW.

Don't know why you have been charged so much. My green slip (paid 1st Oct) was $435.24, it is with the NRMA in NSW.

It could be because you live in Orange a country town, while us city slickers have to pay a premium, and it goes by your post code ,if I lived at double bay it would be a lot cheaper??

Just cant figure why if you have full comp insurance that you have to pay for a greenslip as well, i believe that it should be covered by full comp insurance. OH thats right companies cant rip you off as easy if its that way.

Just cant figure why if you have full comp insurance that you have to pay for a greenslip as well, i believe that it should be covered by full comp insurance. OH thats right companies cant rip you off as easy if its that way.

See my previous post in this thread for variations of the spelling of "insurance company" and multiply it by 2. :rofl2:

A few months back I bought a Navara D22 from Brisbane ,as it still had over 3 months rego I decided to drive it till it ran out here in NSW , I was surprised that in QLD the green slip is so cheap compared to NSW ,it was only $400 for the full year there through Suncorp/ GIO,
When it came time to change it over I used the Green slip site and found GIO to be over $1,000 here ,I settled on QBE $560,
So why is NSW so dear compared to QLD same insurance company's but some how we here in NSW get screwed twice as much as those in QLD for the same vehicle ??

I THINK, but do not know, that the NSW green slip has different things covered in its makeup, or different state levies added to it.

Greenslips are supposed to cover the other people involved in incidents.
Trouble is in NSw, they have been rorted by fake claims and the legal profession ripping most of it away in fees. Now the "victim" gets SFA, the legal profession still gets a motza.

Grrenslip has nothing to do with full comp insurance, thats why in QLD it comes with you rego

Same here in NSW but i think it should be covered with in the policies of full comp insurance so you don't have to pay for a green slip.would entice more people to be fully insured.

It would, But I guess thats why it's called CTP Compuslary Third Party because you have to have it hwoever other insurance is optional.......... There are quite a few people out there that thing CTP covers there car and are pretty shocked when they find out it doesn't... I have worked in insurance for yr's now and am pretty happy that it's seperate, it would be a shit fight if it wasn't

Latest posts

Back