EGR Blanking Plate

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Hope its ok to post here....

We have got a range of EGR blanking plates for Navara's,

We have them for D40's with the YD25, D22 with the YD25 and the D22 with the ZD30.

We normally sell these on eBay for $20.00 but we are more than happy to offer them to Forum members for $15 inc free postage. We also have instructions.

If you are interested in them send us a pm or an email and let us know you are from the Navara Forum....

We have had alot of experience with Navara's so happy to help with other things you might want to know about them.

Cheers

Tim

quite a few people have had issues with later model D40's and have needed to put a 6mm (or thereabouts) hole in the centre to let the EGR sensor read something

quite a few people have had issues with later model D40's and have needed to put a 6mm (or thereabouts) hole in the centre to let the EGR sensor read something

This is the same problem as the Nissan Patrol with the CRD, but I have never come across it on a Navara. In fact I must say I have never had a Patrol do it to me, but I have had a couple customers ( out of probably 200 plates sold ) get back to me with an issue ( and I realise alot of people might not get back to me but it is still a pretty low ratio of plates sold to problems ) so it must not happen in all fitments.

I am considering offering an option of a pre cut hole.
Happy to discuss it if any one ever wants to call... 0438 438 822 or email me at [email protected]
Tim

This is the same problem as the Nissan Patrol with the CRD, but I have never come across it on a Navara. In fact I must say I have never had a Patrol do it to me, but I have had a couple customers ( out of probably 200 plates sold ) get back to me with an issue ( and I realise alot of people might not get back to me but it is still a pretty low ratio of plates sold to problems ) so it must not happen in all fitments.

I am considering offering an option of a pre cut hole.
Happy to discuss it if any one ever wants to call... 0438 438 822 or email me at [email protected]
Tim

How are you able to detect if the plate is causing an issue? I want to do this mod but I dont want to cause any damage to my new navara. Specially since its still only got 7500 on the clock :)

No probs so far

any knows issues doing this mod on a 2013 D40 ST Manuel?
My dec12 Spanish st d40 has had one for a couple of thousand km. no problems, no limp mode, no warning lights. Very easy to fit. Think it made some difference.

How are you able to detect if the plate is causing an issue? I want to do this mod but I dont want to cause any damage to my new navara. Specially since its still only got 7500 on the clock :)
If there is an issue once the plate is fitted the ecu will log a fault and the engine warning light will come up and will need to be cleared. If this happens we recommend drilling a 6mm hole in the centre to allow a small amount of exhaust gas to pass through. I have yet to see a D40 log a code because of a EGR Blanking plate. By no means am I saying it won't happen, just that I have not seen it or had any customers come back to me saying it has.

Also remember fitment may void the rwc state of the vehicle as you are changing the emissions system.

Hi Tim

Fitted plate today
Car seems more responsive after short test drive and no error codes

Thanks for your prompt delivery

Ken

Back