winchs rope v's cable

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi all

Age old question, iv got a warn winch im about to fit to my 22 but whats better rope or steel cable? im old school and only no of steel cable but dieing to no pros and cons

I thought about it also before fitting my Warn M8000, I stuck with the steel cause it was still in top condition.

Oh shit, here it comes again :)

I've mellowed somewhat over time and would like to try rope in the future. If it doesn't work for my needs, I'll go back to cable.

But there are a range of factors which make it hard to definitively state which is the superior product because everyones needs are so particular.

When i get mine ill go rope i think it will be just as useful as cable for what i use it for and its also a lot lighter then the cable. That and my Nav is a beast so im sure most the time it will be spent rolled up doing nothing. ;) or being used to pull out D40`s and they get stuck on anything so the winch wouldnt need to work hard.

Last edited:
I have cable, one day I may put rope on but the only times I've needed the winch the cable was dragging over rock (steep embankment) where I believe cable has it over rope. My winch spends more time pulling trees off tracks than recovering!!

Cheers Brad

I have cable, one day I may put rope on but the only times I've needed the winch the cable was dragging over rock (steep embankment) where I believe cable has it over rope. My winch spends more time pulling trees off tracks than recovering!!

Cheers Brad

yea brad see I tend to agree with tht, having rope doesn't give me much support I mose well use Telstra rope. but yet have so many rave about it.

Latest posts

Back