wiring question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schickies

Reaction score
If I ran 6 B&S cable direct from my camper battery to the drawbar with an Anderson plug on the end, would the plug be LIVE all the time or only when something connected to it?

If it is direct from the battery in the camper it would be live all the time. If you run the charge wire from your navs battery to the camper and it goes through a battery charger of some sort then the power will normally only go one way due to the charger. Most cars that tow vans have what is called a hot wire that charges the battery and runs the fridge while driving. But due to most caravans having a cteck or some other type of charger in them once you disconnect the trailer plug the power will only be present on the car side of the plug and not the caravan due to diodes in the cteck not allowing it to travel backwards. Hope that makes sense and answers your question.

Cheers

You can also consider using Anderson Plugs for taking power out of the vehicle to the "tow-behind". One source http://andersonpower.com.au/.

My setup, when I finally get it installed, is a auto/manual cutoff switch, off the LH battery, then resettable fuse, then wire to anderson plug on the tow bar. Then you pick it up on the tow-behind with another anderson plug and cable to your need.

Yes, anything connected permanently to a battey is live.

Latest posts

Back