Liars in accidents and unhelpful insurance

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljacko78

Reaction score
Lesson: when in a car accident, get every little piece of personal information from the driver at fault as possible. Name. Address. Phone. Mobile. Email. Work details (as before to make sure they dont give you their work details as their personal details), insurer, car rego, drivers licence... Everything.

Timothy John Emmerson from Allsafe Platforms at Caboolture is a dickhead!!!! That company is no better

This bloke runs into the back of my wife's car, leaves false information. Our Insurer will make us pay the excess and our premium will go up in an accident that is not our fault, because we don't have the f&$@ers home address.

Get this though... I can get personal info (address) from a persons car rego plate, but try to get that info from a Drivers Licence Number CRN and no chance. TMR in Qld is the most unhelpful organisation around. It's that same info provided to you, but try to get it with one and not the other then you're screwed.

So off to file a Police report tomorrow to see if I can get the info I need to process the insurance claim. Wonder how that will go

sorry to hear about that mate, It must be different in NSW though because all you need here is the licence plate and the insurance will do the rest, so if you also had a name and licence number you would be well in the clear, why the F... would you need their address?? doesnt make sense?? stupid set up and i can see why you would be fired up dude.

Hope it all works out for you tomoz.

Last edited:
Obviously an asshole who doesn't want to take responsibility for his own actions. Had the same thing happen to me a couple of years back, had to sue the Mercedes-driving bitch who claimed to me on the phone "Sorry, can't help you, don't know who my insurer is so you'll have to fcuk off" and then when she got the court summons she goes "But my insurer is xyz, why doesn't he take it up with them?".

Cost me $3K to make her change her bullshit story. Didn't get it back either, but at least she was forced to own up and pay for the car she totalled (or at least, her insurer did).

Hey Luke you should be all ok if you give the police the rego and the fact that the prick gave false details will sink him.

I got backed into at a shopping ctr when i walked out it was the first thing i saw a note on the windscreen phew i thought when i looked at it the message was "People think i am leaving my details but i am not"

An old bloke walked over and gave me his rego he said he was pissed and he wrote it down coppers got him and insurance did the rest i also got his address and paid him a very unhappy visit so hopefully you should be fine.

Cheers

Nathan - the rego is for a work vehicle so it doesn't have the info of the individual driving the truck. The Insurer said they target the driver, not companies, which is why they want an address. Why? Well that's a weird one cause the registered vehicle should have third party insurance so why can't they get compo from that?

In Qld you can search off a rego plate, but it seems that its "a breach of privacy" if you use a drivers licence number.... WTF... You get the same info so why is one allowed and not the other? I got the private details from the rego and its not the person who was driving. So I have all this personal info for someone who was not involved, and that is legal, but its illegal to request info for the fcuker who hit our car. Go Figure

Anyways I went to the police this morning. They said that insurance companies can request the information from the police from a drivers licence, so why the insurer is wasting my time with questions they can quickly get answers for themselves I don't know. Just piss poor customer service. While I was there the police contacted the person involved and said person lied to the cops.... This bloke is a d!ck who's gonna get himself into trouble

That said I got enough info now to move on with getting the car fixed. He's gonna pay anyways :)

Lj

Which insurence company?- Ive just put a claim in with QBE for car v roo in our driveway and they were excellent. Claimed online which took all of 5 minutes minutes and got a text message back to get a quote, got my chosen crash shop to email it in and 2 days later got another text to say it was approved- glad they didn't need the roos address! :)

it never ceases to amaze me how blatantly people lie.
even standing there bleeding to death and the first words they say is a complete lie.

Lj, report it to the police and they should investigate who was driving at the time and give you a report number.

Your insurance company as part of the (limited) investigation will probably buy a copy of the police report when the investigation is complete. Nothing is free these days.

If the drivers details were provided by the company involved your insurer can get them this way.

The only way I would be paying an excess is if the registered owner cannot prove who is driving or is refusing to state which is just BS.

If all else fails, wait for him to leave work and follow him home. :cheers!::rofl:

Lj, report it to the police and they should investigate who was driving at the time and give you a report number.

Your insurance company as part of the (limited) investigation will probably buy a copy of the police report when the investigation is complete. Nothing is free these days.

If the drivers details were provided by the company involved your insurer can get them this way.

The only way I would be paying an excess is if the registered owner cannot prove who is driving or is refusing to state which is just BS.

If all else fails, wait for him to leave work and follow him home. :cheers!::rofl:

Screw that... If they can't prove who was driving then the owner of the vehicle should be paying... I wouldn't be paying an excess just because they can't prove it, that's not your problem. Their company vehicle was involved, they have to pay regardless....

don't know your laws over there, but here if the owner refuses to say who it is they can do them for not saying.
having said that, people fear the insurance companies more than the police. police will write the investigation off but insurance companies don't. they chase them down and make them pay. even if its $1 a day for 50 years.

That car that was hit is with CGU.... will be an interesting week seeing what happens, but I know I'm not pay the excess. Insurance is going to start working for us now and sort the problem out for us (ie the people paying them money)

Another interesting thought is the "anyone can drive your car" policy that CGU and NRMA plus others are marketing. When I tried making the claim initially, the lady on the phone said I should have read the PDS, which says what info to get in an accident. I explained to her that the policy is my wife's, the cars is my wife's, and as your ad says anyone in QLD can drive that car, does CGU expect everyone who drives this car read the PDS before they do? She hasn't come back to me on that, but sometimes these people seriously don't see the logic in their policies....

Anyways.... On to Glory!!!

So insurance company called this morning and apologised profusely for incorrectly statin I needed extra info and that they would cover all costs.

Since they did that I gave them the address for the bloke who hit us that i got over the weekend after a bit more digging. Info went straight their claims team who's gunna make him cough up the dough.

So for me, all repairs being paid for. Happy camper (but still bemused wih the crap beaurocrisy involved from govt and ins friend who are meant to provide us a service). Cheers all!

Glad to hear it all working out for you Luke, and some sense finally found its way to the insurance company.

Every one has a mobile phone these days , just take a picture of the other car driver as evidence , This must be a QLD thing because my niece had the same thing happen to her a Narangbah recently ,she stopped at a round about and was hit up the back side ,her car was badly damaged but the other car was not , she exchanged her particulars with the other driver ,but when she made a claim the other driver pleaded Innocent , but lucky for her she had taken a picture of the other car as the scene ,

Every one has a mobile phone these days , just take a picture of the other car driver as evidence , This must be a QLD thing because my niece had the same thing happen to her a Narangbah recently ,she stopped at a round about and was hit up the back side ,her car was badly damaged but the other car was not , she exchanged her particulars with the other driver ,but when she made a claim the other driver pleaded Innocent , but lucky for her she had taken a picture of the other car as the scene ,

thats top advice mate,
i remember seeing an ad for an insurance company whos sole message was exactly that, snap off a few pictures and its all down hill for you from there :)

Im glad everything is working out for you mate, the only clam ive had was my own fault :flute::flute:

Good to hear.

Makes me think of the asshole on a push bike hit a girls car n gave her false details.
Claimed he had no licience on him and of course no rego plate being a pushy.
You can't take a photo of the offender although I would in that kind of case.

Latest posts

Back