What is involved in a body Lift?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAWZ

Reaction score
Hi guys i have just bought a standard d22 str 05 3l and i want to make it look like this .
IMGP2977.jpg

If this is your car i appologise but its the best example i have found.

It is fitted with 2 inch body lift, 2 1/2 inch suspension lift and i just love the hieght.

Any thoughts from the brains trust on how much it would cost to achieve this kind of hieght mainly on the boddy lift as there is plent of info here on suspension lifts.

that car doesn't have airbags. yours does, so i am not sure your allowed??

Anything that bolts to your chassis and body might need to be extended, not necessarily always the case but keep that in mind, a body lift is just some alloy blocks.

jaws, i brought my body lift off zordo, came with everything needed to complete the lift including instructions. i had a mate helping me and took us about 3/4 of a day. most time consuming part was preping the car to be lifted (removing steering yoke, undoing diff and trans breathers, ect ect). on a scale of 1 to 10 in difficulty i would say its about a 4 or 5 so pretty easy

That is awsome thanks for that. Now did you need an engineers cert as some have thought you might for this kind of mod?

Doing a bodylift does not affect the operation of airbags.
Cheers

Zordo how much would it cost to do a lift like the 1 pictured?

Thanks
Andrew

2" bodylift to suit D22 navara dualcab is $385 posted
Comes with the right bolts & blocks & instruction [ unlike ebay kit]
Cheers

whats this junk i hear about chassis rails coming through the bumber with a 2" body lift. thats what i wanted to do to mine i had to end up going 3" suspension all round??

Body Lift - Need help

Started the body lift today on my '05 D22 dual cab.

The captive nuts under the centre pillar are turning and are not accessible.
What is the solution?
My plan is to cut the heads off of the bolts from underneath and drive the bolt up into the floorpan to centre the hole and them drill the floor pan with a holesaw to remove the bolt and then replace bolt and nut and plug the hole.

Any drawbacks with the plan?

Any suggestions?

Cheers SOLO

Started the body lift today on my '05 D22 dual cab.

The captive nuts under the centre pillar are turning and are not accessible.
What is the solution?
My plan is to cut the heads off of the bolts from underneath and drive the bolt up into the floorpan to centre the hole and them drill the floor pan with a holesaw to remove the bolt and then replace bolt and nut and plug the hole.

Any drawbacks with the plan?

Any suggestions?

Cheers SOLO
That would work but i believe the floor pan could be 3 layers
The rear floor on a single cab is 3 layers
So my suggestion would be to carefully measure the position of the bolt & drill down from the top with a holesaw.
cheers

Last edited:
Apologise for a slight change in thread but I am interested if anyone knows where you stand if you have a modified vehicle that is all 100% legal in your home state then travel interstate where the said modification is not legal. Are you ok as long as it is correctly registered in your own state? What if you have an accident interstate - will your insurance hold up (assuming you have notified the insurance company of the modification in the first place) Not planning on doing any such mod but am curious to know the implications.

Last edited:
You will have to check with your state if a body lift is legal.In Victoria they are illegal with airbagged cars.No ifs buts or whats.

I know its a bit late to reply to this topic, but I'm wondering are you sure about the airbags? check this out
http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/ ... 1%20v3.pdf

found that google. lol. says nothin about air bags. and reckons providing it's engineered, that you can lift over 50 mm to max 150 mm. thats including bigger tyres and lift kit. it has to be a combined total. anything under 50 requires no certification, even if you haven't got a lift kit, but have gone out and got the body lift.

Last edited:
hey guys with the body lift kits do you still use the factory body rubbers if you dont wont it be reall ruff vibration wise

and if you realy felt up to it couldnt you just cut all body mounts of and lift them 2 inchs up and brace with rhs

hey guys with the body lift kits do you still use the factory body rubbers if you dont wont it be reall ruff vibration wise

and if you realy felt up to it couldnt you just cut all body mounts of and lift them 2 inchs up and brace with rhs

The standard rubber bushes remain & the block goes above the bush
Cheers

Latest posts

Back