D22 Clutch...Bang at 90k?!?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjc85

Reaction score
Was having a play around at Coomera and did a small creek crossing that came up to the sill, got stuck and stuffed around trying to get out for about 10 minutes. Finally got free and ute seemed fine, drove home and parked in the girlfriends driveway. Washed all the mud off, went to use it again 5 hours later to pickup takeaway and could not get into any gear with engine running, although fine with engine off.
Mind you clutch has felt funny for past 3-4 months, a bit notchy as you depress the pedal, Had RACQ come this morning, he believes clutch is gone and it needs a clutch kit, bit funny at 90,000kms? I thought I went pretty easy on the clutch.

So its getting towed to a local RACQ mechanic at Coomera somewhere, anyhow I'm back home in Brisbane and am expecting a call from a mechanic with a quote.

Does this sound like it needs a kit? And how much should I expect to pay?

If only the darned thing could have lasted 3 more weeks as I get a new Mitsu Triton GLX-R Auto (no more clutch problems :no:)

Cheers
Mitch

Does the pedal feel normal? If the pedal has gone soft and long it might be a hydraulic problem. Most of the time if the clutch fails mechanically it will fail to dive rather than fail to disengage.

Mind you having a problem after a creek crossing, maybe the flywheel has got some rust on it. Roll it out somewhere open (If you can) and start it in first gear, gently drive up and clutchless shift into second then throw the clutch while dragging the brakes and applying some throttle at the same time (You will obviously need to heel and toe to brake and apply power together while throwing the clutch unless you have three feet!)

If the clutch disc has rusted to the flywheel/pressure plate after the water crossing that should crack it free again.

Hey Bluestar you are prob right, it went to the mechanics and I'm pretty sure he did what you said. The rubber clutch boot wasn't in place and because the gearbox wwas under water for a good 10 mins enough water mustve got in to rust up over the 5 hours when it was stationary. Any how only cost me $80 and its all good now

Cheers
Mitch

My first paddock basher was a VW beetle with the body removed so the mechanicals were exposed. If it rained and I did not drive it for a couple of days the clutch rusted itself engaged every time

Mate if you pay someone to do it, your looking at about 2 grand fitted.

D22's dont run dual mass flywheels so dont fall for it if they say it does.

A few QD32 powered D22's run a dual mass flywheel and maybe the YD25DDTI CRD models.

Dave.

Back