Roof Console

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kitch was making one.

I haven't seen one in the flesh but I've heard good reports on them, considered buying one myself. There was a write-up on them in one of the 4wdA mags.

There was a write-up on them in one of the 4wdA mags.

Same place I saw them and thought they may be a better option than ones I've seen previous. I went into my local who is supposed to be a distributor and he reckons he's never heard of them and hasn't sold a roof console in the 12 years he's been open. That filled me with confidence, although given the stock levels at the local bloke I'm thinking he's more at fault than the mob who make these things, unless you want Toyota stuff this guy has bugger all anyway.

Next time I'm down town and got 5 minutes I might see if ARB have any in store to look at.

I know someone (sorry can't remember who) on here was building their own roof console but as they haven't finished and I'm just a little bit lazy when comes to construction jobs I am wondering if anyone has tried this mob or even brought anything from them.

http://ww.4wdinteriors.com/roof_console.html

Figure I need to do something like this soon but can't make up my mind if $425 is worth spending or if there is better options out there.

A mate of mine has one of these in his GU Patrol. It seems like a really good quality product and he is really happy with it, the fitment and finish defiantly look the goods.

I believe they replace the front map lights so therefore they'd use the same bracket as the map lights do at the front but as for the rear I'm not sure if there is something already in the roof or not but the bracket to mount the unit is at the back near it's rear lights. Not sure if all D40's have the rear interior light at the back window or if it's a newish feature but unless the shell behind the roof lining has something like a mount for a center light I'm not sure how the back fits on and I haven't actually seen one fitted to a D40. There is possibly something behind the lining in or close to the right spot because the roof needs some sort of support.

Its wierd they dont make one for the GQ Patrol, missing out on alot of potential buyers.

Dave.

The website hasn't been updated in the 12 months I've been looking at it so who knows what they might have out now. Their website is by no means the best website it doesn't explain a great deal and there is more information available on other forums than is on their own site which is one of the reasons I've never hunted it down seriously.

I wonder if like other companies out there they have made a console fit a D22 and just assume because they are similar that it will fit a D40 (or vice versa) because they don't appear to have different models for different model vehicles. But once again it's a case of limited information means it's harder to make a choice. I have been to the two local companies that are listed as suppliers and they've either never heard of them or they've never stocked them so I can't even get a resellers perspective on them. Going home made could be the key to these things

Good point, if they assume one model will fit both the D40 and D22 they are in for a surprise.

About the only thing they share is the YD25 long motor, all bolt ons are different though.

Dave.

Awe crap is that why I drive so slow, I'm sharing my motor with some one.

Do D22 have a center interior light or at the back window like the D40's because it appears from the booklets I have seen that these consoles do really need the rear mount in the center of the roof. I'm not sure what's behind the lining on mine but it would be a bummer paying $400+ and finding out you have to use gaffer tape to hold it in. Interestingly enough the Pathy isn't listed as a model it fits, there has got to be more chance of something that fits a D40 fitting the Pathy instead of the D22 yet they say nothing.

Krafty ... on the web site there is instruction on how it fits to the roof, and it does state that there are existing fixing locations at front and mid point of the roof

Installation:
*Note: There are two existing holes in a roof rib midway of vehicle; a locating template is supplied to locate exact position of these two holes, two small holes are made in the roof lining at this position, Rear Fixing Plate fastens to existing holes in roof rib.
(Two decorative caps/covers are supplied to cover holes upon removal.).

above as quoted from the site ...
I clicked on the D40 link which takes you to tub inserts, and then select the roof console product is how i found the above ...
I think this may answer your original query?

I knew I'd got those instructions from somewhere previously. Still not sure there is what they say there is there, they could be right maybe all manufacturers leave something their to be nice to after market console makers. Either way I'd still like to see one before I forked over the reddies.

Just had another look at those instructions and they are generic for all cars, which still makes it kind of hard to digest without seeing whats behind that lining. All car's could have that exact mount where they describe but I'd have thought different cars had different measurements to that piece of frame work so a generic instruction list and diagram would not be entirely practical. Having said that I'm sure they'd done more study into these things than I have so I'm not really arguing with them.

I'm still not overly convinced I want one of these with the more reading I do because if they made one for the D40 I'd probably get more use from the shelf rather than the roof console. They aren't listing a D40 model shelf yet but as said above the site hasn't changed in 12 months so anything could have changed in that time.

I'd like to say I will come up with something but in all honesty I doubt I will unless someone else makes it. I'll be keeping an eye on the roof console mob (and others) to see if they ever make a shelf for the D40 but I'm steering away from the roof console a bit now I think.

I'd like to say I will come up with something but in all honesty I doubt I will unless someone else makes it. I'll be keeping an eye on the roof console mob (and others) to see if they ever make a shelf for the D40 but I'm steering away from the roof console a bit now I think.

thats a shame Krafty ... i was quietly hoping youd bite the bullet and get one, and then show us how it works ... i'd be following in your footsteps if you did proceed and got it (and if it worked that is ... LOL )

Same reason I started this thread all that time ago Woody but no one took the bait so I've changed my thinking.

Back