Razorback canopies

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malicious

Reaction score
Hi all, just bought a new navara and looking at different canopies dealer sent me to a local 4wd shop as he said the nissan one is overpriced .
Has anyone had experience with the metal razorback canopy looks good in pics and cheaper than genuine
Thanks

Mal

I have got one...looks pretty good. mine was apparently the first one into WA of the new version with lift up side windows. fitting was fairly easy except that it is pretty bloody heavy at 90kg. you will need four people to lift it on. one thing...the clearance measurements they give are way out!!

Mate had one fitted to his (then) new Navara back in 2007. Lovely looking thing. At the time, they used some plastic retainers in the slam-shut mechanism on the rear door (I believe that has changed, but can't be certain).

The first time he closed the rear door, one of the plastic components broke. He couldn't open the door. Took 4 months to obtain the replacement parts from Razorback.

Not sure if things have changed since then, but it left me with a poor impression of their after-sales support.

Edit - he obtained his through a TJM dealer (A fairly large, and long running operation in Canberra, so not what you would call a fly-by-night operation).

Back