L67 (supercharged V6) in D21

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muvro

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got myself a full superchaged v6 L67 conversion out of a Holden commodore. I'm picking up a 93 D21 and am wanting to do the conversion.

Just wondering if anyone has done the conversion, as there are a few questions I have regarding the conversion. I want to get everything ready to go for the conversion so it's just bolt it in and wire it up. Don't want the car sitting around for ages, whilst I figure everything out.

How do I go about converting the pulse signal form the box to match up with the speedo.

How much does the KA24 weighs? In case i need to order stiffer springs if the V6 is a fair bit heavier.

How much does the standard fuel pump flow? Is it intank, or external?

Thanks in advance

Welcome, try search posts by a member caller "Scottybobcat" he had a D22 with a V8 in it and is now transplanting it into a patrol.

It probably wont be the easiest swap, but he will have some idea what you are in for.

Thanks for the lead Dave, I'll do some reading.

Lil menace, apart from a possible height issue, why would it need a body lift? Fair enough the bonnet might not shut, ie needs scoop or bonnet mods. Which is not a problem, I'll post up a pic of the bonnet on my Calais.

Is it possible for someone to give me a measurement from the crossmember to the inside of the bonnet? Or cross member to the top of guards.

What gearbox is in the ute? If its the older 71c 5spd manual, it will likely get shredded by the V6 in short order.

What gearbox is in the ute? If its the older 71c 5spd manual, it will likely get shredded by the V6 in short order.

Thanks for that. :)

But i was planning on using the v6 auto, it's controlled by the engines ecu. If I went manual I'd be using the commodore manual box. I know I'll have to mod the tailshaft.

Its a 2wd.

How did you go with engineering the V8?

I'm hoping that the V6 shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Last edited:
Engineering wasn't a problem. There were a couple of things that had to be done but only small stuff and once done it passed no worries. Being 2wd it will be a piece of piss to do.

A heads up the l67 are shit engines I have one sitting in my yard and am starting to give up on the bloody thing. And No they are nothing like there standard v6 counterpart eco tec.

I picked the ute up today. Going to get it blueslipped and regoed this week. Keen to get started on it.

Anyone used V6 conversions? They do a kit to fit the v6 into a navara. Comes with sump, cross member adàpters (weld on) gearbox cross member and associated bits. But it's pretty expensive. Thinking I might just do it myself, but going to put the engine in the bay and see what needs doing and make a call then.

Does anyone else do install kits?

Engineering wasn't a problem. There were a couple of things that had to be done but only small stuff and once done it passed no worries. Being 2wd it will be a piece of piss to do.

Awesome, I've been looking into all that. Going to chat to an engineer hopefully next week if I get time.

A heads up the l67 are shit engines I have one sitting in my yard and am starting to give up on the bloody thing. And No they are nothing like there standard v6 counterpart eco tec.

If you don't want it, I'll have it. Been modding them for over 12 years.

The differences between the ecotec and the l67 are the harmonic balancer, rods, pistons, flex plate, balance shaft, timing gear, the heads are identical except the injector ports are drilled in on the l67. The inlet manifold and blower. Block, crank, cam head ports and combustion chambers etc all identical.

This is my toy. It has an L67 in it, stroked to 4.2L and makes 465rwh @28psi and loves bouncing the limiter at 7k.

I don't reckon the l67 is shit. lol I designed and made the first air to air intercooler setup for these motors back in 2003. They do have short falls, but if you know what they are, you can work around them and make bulk power.

Mine i got in a vs stato. It was my brothers before he passed I have a 304. I do love the power of the l67 but when they go they are not easy or cheap to fix. If you know then envgine well then your one up on me. I I have a friend with one pushing 198kws on a 40c day. And it runs gas, He loves them too.

If you have any dramas or probs with your l67, just shoot me a PM and I'll try and help sort it for you.

They are actually a pretty cheap motor to fix, only things that really go wrong with them is the plastic inlet manifold gaskets blow and give the indictions of a head gasket. This is very common and a super easy fix with the superceeded alloy gaskets. Also when they get stressed out, they can crack the piston crown as they are very short, but they are always available on the L67 forums as someone always has spare pistons floating around. But you'd have to be keen to rip the motor down to fix this yourself. If you want shed loads of info go to www.l67torque.com and you'll have weeks of reading. :)

Thanks, got a couple more pics to put up from today, engine mounting is all finished. Monday will see a heap more progress on the wiring side of things. :)

Latest posts

Back