HOW TO: Aux input with standard D22 head unit (coming Soon)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan96

Reaction score
Hey All

I have just finished installing an Aux input into my D22 so I can listen to my iPod with the standard head unit.

I works beautifully!!!

I'm in the process of writing up a how to with pics so stay tuned...

Nathan

I was going to do that, but I couldn't be bothered so I bought a Fusion iPod head unit. you flip down the face plate and insert your entire iPod into the head unit (like you would a cassette or CD) and close the face plate, the head unit display then becomes your iPod display and you control it with the buttons and knobs on the head unit. Got it for half price $150.

That said, I will be interested to read how you've done it.

Hey All

I'm writing a detailed how-to with photos and part numbers but work is busy so it is taking a while.
Here are some simplified instructions and the wiring diagram (most important thing)

This mod uses the CD stackers (i)left and right audio channels and there grounds (ii) 12V supply

The 12V signal (and switch) is needed to "tell" the stereo to switch to AUX mode because there is no button

1. Remove plastic centre dash surround
2. Remove plastic gear stick surround
3. Drill a hole for the switch and a hole for the audio jack
4. Araldite audio jack to back of gear stick surround (mounts neat and flush with plastic)
5. Push switch through front
5. Solder up 12V power off take (Y-junction in wiring diagram)
6. Solder up audio jack and switch as per wiring diagram
7. Solder up 8 pin DIN plug as per wiring diagram
8. Refit gear stick surround and feed cable along right hand side then up right hand side behind when the centre consol surround was
9. Pull radio out and plug DIN plug in. Refit Radio
10. Solder 12V off take to +'ve cig plug terminal as per wiring diagram
11. Refit centre consol
12. plug in mp3 player, turn on switch (stereo sould say "LINE") and listen to your tunes!!!

auxplug.png

Took about a day and cost me about $15.
Works perfectly. You do need to have the stereo volume 2 or 3 notches higher than you would have if listening to the radio.

Enjoy

Nathan

Nice work Nath. I was thinking of doing something like that originally but I ended up replacing the stereo.

By the way did you get my Pm ?

Dave.

Hey guys - will this work with the D44?

Or any other way of getting an aux in - I have a leased D44 through work so dont want to / cant rip out the old stereo.

Any advice would be awesome

Cheers

Not sure

But a few have said the D40 doesn't have the DIN plug in the back.

And you'd have to assume that the pin outs are the same

Back