D40 Bonnet appears loose

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarD40

Reaction score
Hi guys,

so when i am driving at any speed over about 60 km my bonnet seem to move alot like up and down maybe 1-2 cm could be less. i have a bonnett protector on though it was doing it before i fitted this to the car.

anyone know if i can tighten the latch up or do something to keep it from moving?

Cheers

There should be rubber stops on either side of the front of the bonnet. These should wind up and down (through a spiral cutting in the rubber) - just twist 'em and they'll adjust. You should see a corresponding marking in the underside of the bonnet itself where these pads rub against.

If they're missing, visit www.niss4x4.com.au for some 2nd-hand spares or www.nizzbits.com.au for some genuines at a discount price. They're probably $38,999 for the pair at the dealer (yeah we chuck in the car for an extra grand, what a deal!).

Hey Tony,

Thanks I will give that a try in the morning and let you know how it goes. (that deal for a new navara for a grand seems alright though.... lmap)

Ah! so those stops wind in and out. Well bugger me, I never knew that. See you can learn something new here almost everyday.

The bonnet catch assembly is slotted and can be moved slightly which I did adjust not long after new as mine was moving around a bit to but the adjustable stops is way easier method, or perhaps a combination of the two to get the panel alignment tension just right.

Latest posts

Back