Cleaning intake manifold and intake valves

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrazyKyle

Reaction score
Gday,
Pulled off part of the intake manifold the other day as i was bored and also did the egr mod all to plan. but while doing this i had a look down into the intake and found a lot of carbon sludgy build up probably because of the car using egr for 130000 klm. Would like to know if anyone has managed to clean the intake valves out or if there is any easy way other than pulling the intake manifold right off. as im guessing that giving the intake valves a clean out would probably help the engine out a bit.

only way i know to clean it out without pulling the head off is to fit water injection.

don't really know. havn't heard of that sort of stuff being used here. i would be worried that it might pre ignite and blow pistons. spraying it in by hand is not exactly accurate.

there used to be a few crowds that had carbon clean machines which put a fog of chem down the intake but only on petrol motors. apparently worked very well but i have not heard of a setup for diesels.
the other thing to watch is any crap coming out and fouling the cat.

The Repco sales rep was around the other day, and was advertising a can of stuff like the Subaru cleaner but for Diesel vehicles. I ordered a couple of cans but they haven't turned up yet.

I think i found details about it online,

A Breath of Fresh Air: New Cleaner for Diesel Engine Air Intake Systems
LIQUI MOLY, a leading manufacturer of additives, now offers a dedicated service product for repair shops.

Now just gotta find out where i can grab some

maybe i missed it but i don't see anything that could be used to clean diesel intakes.
fuel treatments won't do it with a diesel.

Mine would have done 60000kms when I done the egr mod and I took the intake manifold right of and cleaned it by hand.
It was'nt as big of a job as I thought.
Give yourself a good day for it.

06 3.0lt STR ZD30

Latest posts

Back