2007 st-x d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jezalenko

Reaction score
Hey guys

Been reading heaps of gear on here, really great resource.

Thinking about signing the papers on this bad boy... took it for a drive and loved it.

http://www.melbournecarsupermarket....Blue_6_Speed_Manual_Dual_Cab_Utility/7065088/

Couldn't hear the dreaded timing chain rattle, but when idling did hear some kind of occasional knocking (was random, every 5 or 6 seconds), which I'm putting down to vibrating injectors perhaps?

Missus loved driving it, and she loved the colour haha.

Welcome to the forum.

Don't forget the price excludes on-road costs. There's nothing wrong with the petrol version except a higher fuel consumption - they're claiming you'll get 10.6LPHK on the highway, I've got some doubts about that but will let Aussie Frontier come along and answer that one.

Timing chain problems are diesel issues so don't worry about that. No idea on the knocking unless I heard it. Not sure on the petrol injector prices - they won't be as expensive as the diesels, that's for sure!

If the Minister for Finance approves, why wait?

Thanks for replying mate.

That website is wrong... it's actually a diesel. I've read some horror stories about clutches in D40's but I won't be towing anything, and won't be doing anything heavy duty offroad.

The honourable minster for finance has given the green light, but the minister for dinner-making is yet to approve...

Latest posts

Back