Gippsland Trip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

equipt

Reaction score
I went down to Moe in Gippsland on Wednesday night to go 4X4ing with my cousin and her boyfriend today, had a great time on my 1st real 4x4ing experiance as a driver. We did about 8 river crossings and found some good tracks, not exactly sure where we were, I think it was near Mt Baw Baw. Unfortunatly the day was cut a little short when Daniels Hilux decided it didn't want to start anymore, so we had to leave it in the scrub for the night and he is going to rescue it tomorrow :) I did tell him that this wouldn't have happened if he had a Nissan. I have posted up some videos on Youtube for you to have a look at if you like.

Climbing a hill (alot steeper than it looks in the vid)
YouTube - Navara Hill Climb

River Crossing
YouTube - Navara River crossing

Hey get out of my backyard :sarcastic: Although you were closer to psshhhht's backyard than mine but that doesn't matter.

You were possibly up near Walhalla somewhere as Baw Baw is still a bit of a drive from Moe for a night trip and there is alot easier ways to get to Baw Baw. You would have been able to see Baw Baw though.

Either the vids didn't go long enough or you missed running into the Hilux both times, you need some more target practise.

unfortunately the vids aren't working for me, but yeah there's some sweet tracks out here. Hope you enjoyed your visit to my place ;)

Yeah Walhalla sounds about it, and coopers creek I think is the river crossing vid was I think, I am not too sure as I was just following untill the Hilux motor seized up. It was great fun, and there was some great tracks out there.

There is some great tracks around there and they are used quite extensively and because of that and the historic stuff up there everything is fairly well maintained...but sssshhhh don't tell everyone they will all want to go there.

We used to go over the other side of the valley towards Mt Tassie, not as many creeks to cross but the tracks are quiet and very few of the ones we used to travel were even marked on maps because they are built for a purpose tracks.

Yeah we went out the other side of Moe to start off, not sure where it was, but we where about 3kms up a freshly graded track when we came across the bulldozer, and had to do about a 9 point turn to get back down the track, then we headed over to the Coopers creek area, up near Rawson.

That would be right, we let Aido up there a week or so back and now we need to send a dozer up there...some people ought to read the thread lightly thread :aetsch:

finally got to have a look at the vids, I'm not sure, but I actually think the river crossing is a narrower section of Thomson River, just a bit down the road from Walhalla. Coopers creek is near there, and a couple of mates and I went on Australia Day, but that didn't look like it, but then again.. it could've just been a different section hehe.

there is a bridge about 100m or so down river from where we crossed, I think it was a walking bridge, you can see it at the very start of the vid, and there was another crossing a bit further along the track that was in 2 parts, it was just 1 river with a small island in the middle.

Hey equipt - nice stuff.

The river crossing is at Bruntons Bridge which is just across from Walhalla - nice part of the bush. The bridge is an old rail bridge. This place can get busy over summer as it is a good place for a swim.

The hill could be one of many in that area!

Have a read of my trip I did on Easter Monday - it's in the Trips & Touring section.

Hey equipt - nice stuff.

The river crossing is at Bruntons Bridge which is just across from Walhalla - nice part of the bush. The bridge is an old rail bridge. This place can get busy over summer as it is a good place for a swim.

The hill could be one of many in that area!

Have a read of my trip I did on Easter Monday - it's in the Trips & Touring section.

Yeah will do, I think I remember there being a big tree with a rope swing hanging from it, so I would think it would be quite busy in summer.

Latest posts

Back