Ironman deluxe bar mounts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt87

Reaction score
Hi guys

Had me d40 a few years now and something I've never noticed before is my bar mounts. I'll put some pics up and tell e what u guys think. I bought it with the bar as is.

No body lift just suspension but only 2". No winch yet that is part of the reason for me getting under her to have a look at things.

Looks pretty dodge to me. Photos aren't the best but it looks as though it has had brackets welded to the end of the chassis rails, what looks to be lower than where they should be. If I was to unbolt it at the moment I would be left with the 2 crumple point arms sticking out. I wouldn't be able to remove any more than that.

Looks really weak.
Have a look

image_zps28a8e325.jpg.html

image_zps66b771b8.jpg.html

Hey Matt,

I can assure you that if the bar was correctly fitted they are very strong and the mounting etc shouldn't face any issues.

By the sounds of it you picked up the vehicle second had with the bar, in which case there is always the possibility that it wasn't fitted correctly the first time around.

The best way to double check it would be to cross check our fitting instructions for our bars with how your bar is currently mounted.

We have two sets depending on which D40 you have:

http://ironman4x4.com/pdfs/accessories_fitting_instructions/bullbars/BBT_BBC_BBCD012 IM.pdf
http://ironman4x4.com/pdfs/accessories_fitting_instructions/bullbars/BBT_BBC_BBCD042 IM.pdf

Cheers,

Matt
Digital Marketing Co-Ordinator
Ironman 4x4

Thanks for your help mate

Your right I had it on the vehicle when I bought it. I looked through your instructions there ( the first ones ) it doesn't look like it was installed that way. Do you have anyone I can go to and get this fixed up. If I can afford it I might get a total new bar with winch aswell.

I wish people would just do things right the first time!!!!!

Your right I had it on the vehicle when I bought it. I looked through your instructions there ( the first ones ) it doesn't look like it was installed that way. Do you have anyone I can go to and get this fixed up. If I can afford it I might get a total new bar with winch aswell.

I wish people would just do things right the first time!!!!!

Where abouts are you located mate? I'm sure one of our distributors will be able to help you out (at your cost) if it has all the required parts. Otherwise if it doesn't then it may be a case of needing either a new bar or even seeing if we have a replacement mounting kit around the place.

Could you please just confirm exactly what model, trim, engine and country of build it is so that I can follow up about all that tomorrow.

Yeh unfortunately one of the biggest issues we have is people not correctly fitting the products (and not reading their respective instructions!). I totally agree if people actually fitted them correctly the first time, my job would be a lot easier!

If you are anywhere near our Head Office in Dandenong South, Melbourne, Victoria. That would probably be your best port of call.

Otherwise let me know where you are and your vehicle details and we can go from there. (you are welcome to just shoot me a PM if you would be more comfortable with that).

It's an 08 Spain build d40 2.5TD auto and has a deluxe bar on it. No body lift. I'm in Ridgewood area in Perth so anywhere north of the river would be good.

Whatever it takes to get fixed

It's an 08 Spain build d40 2.5TD auto and has a deluxe bar on it. No body lift. I'm in Ridgewood area in Perth so anywhere north of the river would be good.

Cool mate,

I'll look into it for you tomorrow.

Hey Matt,

The easiest way for you to proceed would probably be to drop by our Kewdale store (east of the river) and arrange a time for them to have a look at your bar and work out what's up with it.

Their address details are:
IRONMAN 4X4 PTY. LTD. PERTH
Unit 9/511 Abernethy Road
Kewdale, WA 6105
Ph. 08 6254 4444
Fax. 08 6254 4454

I'd suggest giving them a call first. Letting them know whats up and that you are looking to see if you can get it checked out in the workshop and if needed purchase a replacement mounting kit.

They should be able to look after you.

And if you run into any issues during the process, feel free to just give me a yell out (ideally through PM so I get a notification) and I'll do what I can to help.

Cheers,

Matt
Ironman 4x4

Back