When to stop

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happy john

Reaction score
My father in law has been a invalid since he was 50 now 71 and still attempting to drive after the passing of his wife.

He is so full of arthritis he Carnot turn his neck nor use the pedals correctly but wanted to keep driving,i removed the keys and stopped him from driving so now another incompetent driver off the road.

The car a rav4 has been sold he has not accepted the fact that i removed him from the road the moral of the rant is if anyone you know wishes to keep driving but is not of sound mind or body get them off the road .I am in the poo basket but another fool off the road.

John

Thanks mate due to my work i deal with alot of elderly but tell them to slow things down and get help the last thing we all need is these folk on the road .
John

Thankyou John,
A few years ago a friend of mine was killed on his motorbike when an elderly gentleman with dementia drove into him on a highway.
The family of the elderly man had been fighting over the mans ability to continue driving no one did what you did.
Potentially you have saved a life , your fathers or a total stranger.
You have done what many should but just don't .

Thank you

Well done John, hopefully he will see that you mean the best by doing what you have done.

The worst part about this is that in spite of the absolute need for it to happen, and the strength and resolve you needed to do it, he may never thank you for it.

But we do. And in my mind, it's a better thing to have done it, than to wish you'd done it after it's too late.

He may never forgive you but you can be at peace with yourself for doing the right thing and Karma will pay you back in a good way sometime.

Latest posts

Back