TV Navs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

KraftyPg

I dunno whether this thread will work but figured I'd give it a go anyway just for the sake of it. I was going to make it like the thread on the Pommie site where they do real Nav spotting on the road but lets face this country is a bit bigger than theirs and in some parts of it we can travel for days without seeing anyone let alone seeing Nav's so I decided to adapt it a bit.

What tv shows have you seen Navs on lately?

SBS tonight the show Monster Moves had a D22 in the background of many shots from South Africa.

About 3 weeks ago when the floods were hitting Brisbane fairly hard the Melb news on 9 showed a blue D40 ploughing through the flood waters spreading water everywhere.

Anyone else seen Nav's on film?

In the new Doco "by any means" (made by Charlie from long way round/down) they do Australia in the last episode in two nav d22's, one blue and one silver both are 2.5lt jobs.

D40 fire/service vehicle at the Abu Dahbi V8's round.

I thought that was a D40 but never caught a clear view of it for long enough. Guess they were able to find a 4wd that wasn't getting trashed on the sand dunes.

Was watching an old episode of Queensland Weekender and they showed a silver D22 driving on the beach at Noosa.

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I was watching it again but it was Sunday arvo and there was nothing on at lunch time so Mr4X4 was on the TV. He was showing how to pull an X-trail out of the sand (apparently the producer bogged it...can anyone say scapegoat) with a few snatch straps and it was a D40 that did the pulling.

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I was watching it again but it was Sunday arvo and there was nothing on at lunch time so Mr4X4 was on the TV. He was showing how to pull an X-trail out of the sand (apparently the producer bogged it...can anyone say scapegoat) with a few snatch straps and it was a D40 that did the pulling.

It was actually a Pathfinder that was stuck.....the previous week had a very short segment on the X-Trail and how good it was for beach driving.

That's right it was a Pathy bogged. Of course I was just testing to see who else was watching the show, I didn't want to be the only one.:big_smile:

The one with the X-Trail was one of those "chance" meetings on the beach where he just happened to come across someone testing a car from the same manufacturer as he is sponsored by. I'm still suprised he didn't tow the Pathy out with his Patrol just to prove even further how much better than everyone else he is but then that would have meant un-hitching the camper and the producer was too busy bogging the Pathy to show him how that is done.

Look out for my d40 King cab, some bloke filmed me driving through Randwick today, can't see what was so interesting.

That tent on the tv programme looked like the biggest waste of 235 pounds ever!

Were you doing something distinctive that will stand you out from the crowd. Actually we might not want an answer to that question

Talking on the phone, maybe was the coppers.

Tell them you were reporting someone suspicious filming people minding their own business and you were being alert not alarmed and it will all be ok.

One of the news services showed a D21 in Charleville flood waters today and there was another shot, presumably the same place of a D40 sitting outside what looked to be the pub.

Seems Nav's like floods

A nice white D22 in the driveway of terry Campese's place on the Matty Johns show tonight.

BTW that show rocks!!!!

There was a D22 in the background of a news story on WIN News Gippsland last night. Despite Neighbours being on at 6pm and leaving us with Dancing or TT at 6:30 last night I still doubt very many people would have seen that report though.

Latest posts

Back