D40 tailgate handle assembly

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barra260

Reaction score
Hi all,
The tailgate handle on my STX has pulled away from the tailgate for the second time now. I originally sikaflexed it back on as some plastic locating clips were broken off. Now I am looking to replace it.
Nissan want a ridiculous amount for a genuine replacement. Is there an aftermarket alternative or is the wreckers my only option?

Hi all, The tailgate handle on my STX has pulled away from the tailgate for the second time now. I originally sikaflexed it back on as some plastic locating clips were broken off. Now I am looking to replace it. Nissan want a ridiculous amount for a genuine replacement. Is there an aftermarket alternative or is the wreckers my only option?

Yeh the wreckers would be the way to go unless someone here has a spare for you..

The problem stems from the weak area the hinges attach to in the tail gate. sit on it and watch it flex.
The door sags and wears into the pins on the tub, wearing away the plastic and making latch operation hard and a pulling up kind of effort which breaks the plastic. some were fixed under warranty.

Unfortunately warranty ran out in October so the cost is on me. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

I have never had an issue with the tailgate being hard to open, although my 4 & 6 yr old boys are sometimes a bit too enthusiastic

Latest posts

Back