Any info on the new D40 STX due as of April in Aus ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prokiwi

Reaction score
My deale rhas told me to wait for 8 weeks till the new model D40 STX arrives , he said they have no specs yet but it is a new version ??
Does anyone have any info , pics, spec etc .

cheers

There was a whisper of a model update to the R51 Pathfinder and presumably the D40 as well including the new V6 TDI released with the new Patrol. That would make an interesting proposition for a tow car, Going from 125 odd KW and about 400nm to 175KW and 550NM would be a real boost as a tow car (Which is the main use of my R51)

The dealership I visited recently spoke of increased power and torque as well. No more details however. No information on whether it will be a V6 or another iteration of the YD 4 cylinder engine. No mention of whether it will come from Thailand, Spain, or a factory in another country despite me pressing them fairly hard on the issue. I know the people at this dealership very well, get on with them well, and have bought 7 vehicles off them. I think if they knew, they would tell me. Me thinks they just don't know anything yet.

I would suggest that Nissan would be unlikely to put the same (or similar engine) in the Navara/Pathfinder as they put in the Patrol as they would be pirating sales from one model to the other. Unless that is, they intend on dropping the patrol ute from the range when the new model patrol is introduced...

Going by the last 12 months unless you were desperately wanting the new model I wouldn't be holding out waiting for it. With the delivery issues so many people have been having with the Nav's them suggesting the new model will be out in April isn't something I'd be holding my breath on.

The UK are claiming an April delivery and they also have some images of the new models but from what I'm lead to believe even for them April is only an estimate. The Patrol is definite and with the changes they've made to that I wouldn't mind betting the Nav is in for some cosmetic changes atleast but as to when it happens who knows.

I think more likely, the whole range will be from Thailand.
I doubt we will see a V6 diesel, unless the other manufacturers are heading down the same path with their utes as well?

There's always the possibility that Nissan are trying to surge ahead in the rankings among the other ute manufacturers. A V6 diesel with decent passenger safety provisions (eg 6 air bags) would go a long way to killing the rest of the field. Add in-dash navigation and all the other nice stuff (smart cruise control, light-sensitive mirrors, reverse cam display built into rear mirror like they have in Europe etc etc) and the Navara would leave every other ute eating its dust.

They could do it, easily. Will they?

Edit: Thinking about it, they ought to include ESC and full-time 4WD with lockers all round as well.

Last edited:
Looks like the Patrol ute is goona die maybe with that motor going to be available in the Navara.

Please put it in the D22 aswell, Ill trade my Nav in next week if they do.

Dave.

Ah well. That (Not bringing in the V6 deisel) would keep me from looking at it at least for now.

This quote from the article would sugest when they do incorporate the new v6 it'll come at a cost, maybe not ridiculous by the time we get it tho

"it’s an expensive engine at the moment to us and it would take Pathfinder out of the price bracket where we believe it’s effective."

I doubt that the new Navara for the Aussie market is going to have a V6 diesel. It's going to be the same 4 cylinder engine but with an extra tune to get it to around 135kw and 450Nm. There is no business sense for Nissan to be releasing a big V6 to destroy the competition. All they have to do is just better the competition by a little.
The new Triton has a 2.5litre turbo diesel which makes 132kw and 400Nm. Nissan just has to beat that by a little.

Last edited:
This quote from the article would sugest when they do incorporate the new v6 it'll come at a cost, maybe not ridiculous by the time we get it tho

"it’s an expensive engine at the moment to us and it would take Pathfinder out of the price bracket where we believe it’s effective."

Strange they say that.
A friend of mine has just order one of the new 2.5 versions in England which he is getting delivered the 2nd week of April. At the time of purchase he enquired about price for V6 and they told him around 2000 pounds darer but not available until August or September.(Strangely enough about the same time new Hilux is rumoured to be released over there).

Did some more research ...new STX is supposed to have VDC , Traction control , big increase in power (reported to be the european Renau spell?? motor), and some cosmetic changes to the exterior. Will be $5k dearer , but will be well worth it as it is better specd to compete with the competition. Start building in April in Spain and will be 3 mths till delivery here in Australia. I have seen an official letter from Nissan Marketing advising of an embargo on all information regarding the release of the new model.

Either way , sounds promising.

I am a National Fleet Manager for a large company in the Mining Industry. Some dealers are helpful.

Fingers crossed for 195kw diesel engine with 540nm torque . !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

140KW / 450NM YD25 (no V6), side and curtain fun bags, bluetooth, VDC, climate control, drive computer etc. etc. ST-X only. Add $3k in price. not until June (ish).

Latest posts

Back