Parks Laws to keep in mind!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albatross

Reaction score
So today I was camped at swimcart beach campsite and after quickly cutting up a tree someone had dragged to the campsite and abandonded in the middle of the site taking up limited space and the perfect campsite yesterday afternoon, I was visited by a parks ranger and a local police officer enquiring as to a complaint by another camper to a chainsaw been used the day before. I told him it was me and my reasons for using my chainsaw and that I was aware it was a fire-by-permit only zone. At this point he informed me that it is in fact illegal to carry a chainsaw in Parks and reserves in Tassie! Been a Victorian living in tassie this was earth shattering news! When the ranger realised I was victorian he quickly realised my point of view and put away the infringment book (I have found parks rangers are pretty reasonable hear in Tas, as long as you arnt a dick and genuenly dont know the little things) but informed me the best way to travel is to take the bar and chain off my saw when in these zones as if I come across a asshole ranger looking for an excuse to o us for something, they could get us on that!

I thanked him for his understanding and advise and figured others may want to know this to avoide been stung!

I still cannot fathom that having a chainsaw that is used as recovery equipment and for track maintenence is not allowed but as the ranger said, they dont make the rules, they just have to follow up on complaints!

Anyone know of any other laws I have un-knowingly broken like this one?!

:chainsaw:

There's a pretty big fine for being over at the Bay of fires instead of being at work you slack bugga ;-)

I spent 10 days at grants lagoon and I had my saw in the back the hole time and wouldn't of got through a few section of some local 4x4 tracks. thanks for the heads up

I didnt know that either , but i have heard of a ranger recommending some one take a chainsaw on a track as it was not maintained.

I did the saw back track early January and the Ranger on duty actually requested i take a saw with me encase of fallen trees along the track.

Back