Australia day weekend...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike1303

Reaction score
Just wanted to see if anyone in Canberra wanted to duck away for a one nighter Sunday evening
Down to bendethera?

Just let me know :)

I would normally be supper keen but moving into my first house this weekend. Have done two trips down there but haven't found any tracks around that area. Apart from the drive in is there any tracks around that area??

congrats on the house mate!

if you change your mind well be leaving Sunday after 6 i believe, back home in time for a BBQ in the arvo :)

I dont think there's alot you can do once your in there,
the obvious walk into the caves etc
theres a nice loop track that takes the better part of the day to traverse,
easy enough to find if you head back out and stay to the left dont go back up the hill...
I have been told if the weather permits theres another route in Dont quote me on the name it could be the Merricumbene Id have to check with the old man.

last Australia day there was two partols who attempted the track but the bulldust got the better of them and they back tracked and came in from mrouya ( the easiest route)

Thanks mate. Yeah it would be a awsome spot if they were some good tracks around. Ah well we might have to organise a day trip to the Brindabellas soon for all the Canberra members.

all in all it was a great trip down on sunday
we Left canberra at 7 and was dark by the time we hit the dirt,
a great track to test the LED bar, Still not 100% sold on them yet thou :p

No rain and not cold at all.

coming home was interesting....
Old mate with a Suzuki Vitara cooked it towing a camper UP the Mountian. Half way up mind you, I wouldnt consider towing one in the navara with it being in the condition it is now...
His travel buddy was trying to turn his patrol + caravan around at the top to go back down to assist him....

Then 3/4 to the top there was 4 hiluxs and a patrol Stopped on the side,
One fella neglected to check his oil before adventuring off the black top, and had next to nothing in the sump. When i asked how they were they were thinking about putting in some Motorbike oil to get it home.... I cant say the sensors would like that very much but if it gets you home i suppose....

I really love it down there, 3 hours from home and Never disappoints!

Sorry mate with the traffic heading out that day there was no time to stop

I wonder how old mate Suzuki made it home

Back