seen a river crossing like this?? OMG!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats flowing a little to fast for my liking, I have done river's that deep before just not that fast.

Dave.

I won't go near a river flowing that fast and won't go near one that deep until I get my snorkel fixed. At the moment it's got the Genuine Nissan Factory Abortion assembly.

I posted that you tube link in the funny/cool video thread last month.
Lucky to get through that.

Fast moving water has a lot of energy - as was shown by the sideways movement of that vehicle.

First rule of deep water crossings - "Do I NEED to cross". There would have to be a pretty urgent requirement that would have necessitated me crossing that river at that point at that time to risk the possible consequences.

I love how he started upstream of the landing and judged it perfectly to hit the only "out" I saw. Also I love the kid shouting in the background "thats why he's got the windows down" as if they expect him (and his $40+K car) to end up in strife!

A lot of creek crossings up here in Qld have a small concrete Causeway and usually have a deep drop off to the sides ! No returning if you slip sideways off them so alot of thinking is required before even attempting one this deep, you usually always walk across to see if it is safe but this river was way too fast for even that ! Crazy stuff .

As can be seen in the final seconds, others made it so it might well have been a fair amount of bravado and ego at stake.
Its fast moving. But perhaps its fast moving because of the shallower depth at this part of the river. (?)
Well done to him even if it did take a week for his pooper to unclench.
Youtube can be very speculative as some of the video grabs don't show either the preparation nor the outcome. Just the event itself.
Has been mentioned above. "Do I really need to cross this" Lets assume you do. How would you prepare for this? What actions would you take and what sort of planning would you have for recovery?

Oi!
I represent that - or is that resent? Just because I have had a company vehicle for some time and see what they can take, why cant a private vehicle do the same? :big_smile:

lol yea its resent

appears he had to do it...but if it went wrong that would have killed the camping trip altogether...i prob would have set up camp their...didnt look to bad lol

Aido of course a private car can do such things no matter how much it costs but lets face it if that guy in the video was driving a company car he'd have done it all in reverse. Company cars always go faster in reverse.

Latest posts

Back