Hardcovers - one piece

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

ants_oz

Alrighty then...As the title suggests, I'm in the market for a one-piece hardcover for my D40. Am getting a little tired of the soft tonneau. It has its benefits but I've just outgrown it.

Who out there has a one-piece hardcover? What brand do you have? What would you change about the one you have? Or have you been shopping for one as well and been doing a bunch of research?

I am leaning towards the ARB Sportlid product at this stage for a number of reasons:
-cost (can get a great deal)
-slam shut (no key needed unless locking)
-single key locking (don't need to use a key to lock at two different points)
-discreet hinge mechanism seems to allow easy access to the front corners of the tub without struts getting in the way.

I also like the look of the EGR alloy chequer plate ones....but not sure how they would go over time. I'm worried they will tarnish, get small dents, just start to look ratty etc. Basically as alloy chequer plate does...

Any other options out there? Have done a fair bit of hunting around but am after feedback on what you've learned from your experiences.

Am specifically after feedback on single piece hardcovers as I'm interested in function - not interested in retaining the sports bar as it hinders access to the front corners of the tub too much.

Thanks in advance for your input.

-discreet hinge mechanism seems to allow easy access to the front corners of the tub without struts getting in the way.

do u have to remove the hard cover altogether??

one really handy thing to look for with hard covers is the ease of removing the dam thing...it takes 2 people to remove the factory one without causing stress to the gas struts. i wish nissan implemented the ford xr6 hard cover removal mechanism as u simply lift the hard cover approx 40-45 degrees and it releases automatically.

Not sure about removal - it's not something I intend on having to do very often so haven't looked at the removal process to be honest.

What I mean is that the hinges and struts are a small, tidy assembly that take up little space - makes getting into the front corners of the tub easy when getting to gear.

Latest posts

Back