EGR blank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

will2020

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm from N Ireland and have a V6, not much info in the UK about blanking the EGR, I had a 2.5 and had that blanked with no problems but I've seen some thing where the V6 was a bit more temperamental to blank. Any of you guys successfully blanked it off?

thanks
Will

Last edited:
Blanked mine at the inlet side of the EGR pipe. Truck ran south smoother and a noticeable increase in fuel economy.
If you pull the engine cover off you will see a ribbed silver pipe in the V of the engine on top. That is the EGR pipe. The side closest to the front of the car is the inlet to the intake. I blanked mine there with stainless plate and no hole drilled but received an engine check light after a month or so. If removed it will turn off after about 2-3 days. Best way to go about it IMHO as none of the exhaust soot is being recirculated. If you can't deal with the engine check light, drill a 8mm hole this SHOULD not trigger the sensor.
Dave

Blanked mine at the inlet side of the EGR pipe. Truck ran south smoother and a noticeable increase in fuel economy.
If you pull the engine cover off you will see a ribbed silver pipe in the V of the engine on top. That is the EGR pipe. The side closest to the front of the car is the inlet to the intake. I blanked mine there with stainless plate and no hole drilled but received an engine check light after a month or so. If removed it will turn off after about 2-3 days. Best way to go about it IMHO as none of the exhaust soot is being recirculated. If you can't deal with the engine check light, drill a 8mm hole this SHOULD not trigger the sensor.
Dave

Cheers Dave

Last edited:
egr block

There is no way around it.

The ecu is looking for the egr.

Even if you block it, the ecu is still requesting egr and adjusting afr's accordingly.

P0401 not enough egr is the cel code which appears when blocked.
p0402 EGR flapper faulty if flapper doesn't work as required

The only real way is via ecu reflash.

I had my ecu tuned/reflashed by Wayne from POWERCHIP.

I had my truck on the dyno to fine tune things but if you only want minor changes then a dyno is not required.

I know of 2 other d40's with the egr blocked and ecu reflashed which have seen 1-2ltrs/100km improvement in fuel economy.

Last edited:
There is no way around it.

The ecu is looking for the egr.

Even if you block it, the ecu is still requesting egr and adjusting afr's accordingly.

P0401 not enough egr is the cel code which appears when blocked.
p0402 EGR flapper faulty if flapper doesn't work as required

The only real way is via ecu reflash.

I had my ecu tuned/reflashed by Wayne from POWERCHIP.

I had my truck on the dyno to fine tune things but if you only want minor changes then a dyno is not required.

I know of 2 other d40's with the egr blocked and ecu reflashed which have seen 1-2ltrs/100km improvement in fuel economy.

Would you know how to contact Wayne? and where abouts is he located? I also chasing someone to reflash the ECU. I would do it myself if I had the software.

regards Matt

Would you know how to contact Wayne? and where abouts is he located? I also chasing someone to reflash the ECU. I would do it myself if I had the software.

regards Matt

Read my posts about v9x powerchips in stx 550 section

Wayne from powerchip is located in Melbourne.

He does trips to Sydney.

0418337189 for wayne

I installed the EGR plate today took me all of 12 minutes, the seller sent me the instructions but they weren't needed,
Firstly I loosened the 14 mm nuts at the front , the rear I total-ally removed the top bolt but only loosened the bottom one enough to slip the plate where the top bolt is ,I screwed this bolt half way back in ,I then removed the bottom bolt so the plate more or less swung to the bottom it was then just a matter of positioning the hole to line up for the bolt , ,no battery removal I just reversed a 12mil ring spanner to do the bottom bolt ,

You can only try

I installed the EGR plate today took me all of 12 minutes, the seller sent me the instructions but they weren't needed,
Firstly I loosened the 14 mm nuts at the front , the rear I total-ally removed the top bolt but only loosened the bottom one enough to slip the plate where the top bolt is ,I screwed this bolt half way back in ,I then removed the bottom bolt so the plate more or less swung to the bottom it was then just a matter of positioning the hole to line up for the bolt , ,no battery removal I just reversed a 12mil ring spanner to do the bottom bolt ,

Let us know how she goes.
If its an v9x she will display P0401 cel code.
Many have tried but code comes up.
No way around it unfortunately.

The egr plate with 3 , 5 mm holes In a triangle works, but eventually leads to egr valve failure due to carbon build up.

It's better to have the ECM flashed to turn it off. They have problems without a blank.
These engines have sooooo many safety parameters.it needs to be turned off or you will always be cleaning it which is just not viable.

Latest posts

Back