Canopy/hardtop issues D40..need a guru..

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bloo

Reaction score
Funnily enough the last time i was on this forum was when i had just bought my Nav, and was looking sell/swap my canopy for a hardtop.

Well after a year and half, I realise that was a dumb move now since i actually need the cargo space and want to swap back, no big deal, found a guy willing to swap, and we start drilling rivets and unbolting.

Now when i initially swapped, both were spain built STX's(mine petrol his diesel...i dont think that matters) and it was straightforward, took less than an hour.

This time, his is an RX, but still a spain model, but the front of each tub is slightly different, the 'front rail' on mine is quite narrow and is flush with the inner face of the tub, on his its very deep and angled underneath, preventing the hardtop hinge rail from being fitted in the right location(much further back from the cabin and not a flush surface)

The rails have bolts and industrial adhesive holding them on, and looks like you can only get at the bolts on mine with the tub removed...his could be done with a bit of swearing but cutting through the industrial adhesive didnt look fun :(

Anyone ever come across this? I know differences in tubs have been done to death but i have never heard of this issue.

....Or does anyone with a spanish STX wanna swap a canopy for a hardtop/sportsbar combo?

(MOds was just covering my bases, feel free to whichever thread is in the more appropriate section)

I have seen this. I have a Spain built RX and wanted a roll bar and now have a canopy. What I did was use a hack saw blade (blade only) to cut the adheasive and then removed the bolts inside the tub on the sides and the two at the front. The ones at the front are a pain in the butt. I had to undo the tub mounting bolts and move the tub back. I then cut the bar work off leaving only the level front of the tub and fitted a roll bar. If you remove the bar you will end up with unpainted areas where the adheasive was. I ran into a problem when I fitted the canopy (genuine Nissan one) that it fits over the thin lip (STX type) but not the wide one. I have since replaced my whole tub with an STX one so it all fits. What state are you in? I have a front panel from an STX (thin one) that I don't need any more if you need it. I am in Adelaide.

I've just bought a Thai built RX and want to put a sports bar and tonneau cover on it. Have been told I can't do that as the RX tub is different.

Am considering buying an st or Stx tub and swapping out my rx one. I'm hoping it's a straight up swap and there's no additional work required like extra brackets/spaces etc

I know the Thai and Spanish tubs are different at the front with the bar work behind the rear window on the RX. I think the Thai ones are different depending on the year. I am not sure if the mounting is different though. I really don't like being told "you can't do that" as you can usually find a way if you try hard enough. Maybe post up some picks of your tub and we might be able to figure it out. I have seen some Thai ones with the steal bar work in place with the roll bar behind it. I cut the bar work off my Spanish built RX and added the roll bar.

Latest posts

Back