New Horn Wiring......

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Check the manual and see if the horn circuit already has a relay in it (sorry I'd check mine but it's not handy at this time). If there is a relay and I think there is check to see if it's the same rating as the one supplied with the horn if it is I'd just take the old one out and put the new one in.

Then again I'm probably not the best one to ask, I once got a car through a NSW roadworthy by hooking the horn up to a live wire and an external switch to save fixing the steering wheel switch.

Matt, let us know how you go with this. I'm thinking of upgrading my horn - the factory unit is downright embarrassing.

I've replaced mine with two horns from Repco, a high and low pitched. I just hooked them up to the existing wiring no probs.

I just found my manual. In the D40 there is a relay between the battery and the combination switch on one side and the horn on the other side. Pretty basic electronics there! Easiest way would be to put the new horn in place of the old one and test it out, if it's not as you suspect or it doesn't work, (which I doubt), replace the factory relay with the one included in the kit you brought. Given the kit is made to wire to existing switched it's not unreasonable to assume it should be that easy. Failing all that there is wiring harnesses available for $20 for that horn.

i have the same horn on my bike and it's great hehe
but yeh I would fit a relay with power supply direct from the battery

Back