Tub liner removal d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not easily.

Undo all the fasteners first obviously.

On the headboard, take the top centre of the liner and fold it down towards the floor of the tray. As you do so, the corners will come away - and you can fold the sides down and release the back corners - that is the difficult part. The liner can then be removed.

It takes a fair bit of effort and some pretty rough bending of the liner.

What the purpose of removing it?i have one too...often thought i should pull it out and have a look and give it a clean

If you dont want to reinstall it you could run a blade down the back of the head board and do as above start folding...

Its bloody useless so i want to see what condition the underneath is in, repair any rust and put a rubber mat in

i had to remove it as well before to remove spot surface rusts... it was pain in the butt. don't plan to do it ever again.
Before I re fitted I over sprayed fish oil to prevent this happening again.
anyhow good luck!!

Yeah i managed to get it off. I agree, bloody bastard of a thing. The back corners are the hard bit. But if you grab the liner from the tailgate end and lift it right up, the back corners pop out.

Instead of rubber mat you could do a spray liner
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392454660.517913.jpg

This was today's work

From local trade supply that stocks U-Pol products , there is a Facebook page Raptor Liner .
Some have sprayed whole cars with it, and a lot use it for under car aswell

Anybody know where to get these kits WITH the gun??? Got rid of my ute liner, sanded any tiny rust spots off and treated them. The tray is now mint and i want to put a spray on liner in it...

Try contacting them on fb raptor liner, the local trade place had it on special for$200 then I grabbed a gun and some masking tape, where are you Cobez can see if they still have some left at the price send it via post and loan you a gun

Try contacting them on fb raptor liner, the local trade place had it on special for$200 then I grabbed a gun and some masking tape, where are you Cobez can see if they still have some left at the price send it via post and loan you a gun

Im in Melbourne mate, thats mighty generous of you mate, but have been meaning to buy a gun anyway but cheers for the offer you're a champ!

Found a kit with gun for $300. Ok price??

Yeah sounds good , only got it cheap cause they ordered a kit for a guy and put an extra 0 on ended up with 10 kits, normally goes for about $270 a kit and about $40 for a gun

The worst part is the prep, I masked it up then rubbed it back with 600 to take the gloss off then prepsoled it, then tack cloth, apparently you don't need to go that far but was always told 90% prep 10% paint to do it right

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back