pod filter on my d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonny_emery

Reaction score
Just wondering has anyone put a pod filter on a d40 stx turbo diesel. I put one on my d22 and gave it so much more power

If you never take it off-road, then great. If you do take it off-road, it's asking for a hydrolocked engine or horrid dust ingestion issues.

Depends, if its a pod just sitting in the engine bay, its a waste, will get heatsoaked. Shielded, maybe, but as Doc said, offroad it will suck in alot of dust.

Good ol' factory paper filters in an airbox or snokel set up is the go IMO. It wouldnt have given your D22 more power, just better throttle response, it just utilises the power it already has.

That wouldnt be much different than a panel filter and probably wouldnt fit anyway.

Buy one of those enclosed k&n pod kits and do away with the airbox if you really want one. I say leave the pods for hectic V6 Commodores and drifters.

I use a K&N pod attached to a snorkel and when I go off road I put a sock on if needed, when I get home I clean it thoroughly re-oil put it back together no problem, I find I get better air flow with the K&N then I had with the standard paper filter and less air flow.

Time will tell if I've made the wrong decision I guess.

The oil on those filters gathers on your MAF sensor, the heat burns it and completely stuffs it. Then you have to fork out $500 for a new MAF sensor.

Yeh as long as you enclose it then should be fine - however not sure if you will gain significant power increase

The oil on those filters gathers on your MAF sensor, the heat burns it and completely stuffs it. Then you have to fork out $500 for a new MAF sensor.

Did this happen to you? I was thinking about getting a K&N for my 550 as I had one on my V6 hilux and used to get an extra 50km out of a tank with it.

You can get K&N panel filters that will fit straight into the box. If you plan on driving in dusty areas then I'd go back to the stock paper filter. Pod filters are only designed to increase air flow and also increase the filtration surface area but doesn't really filter alot out.

Latest posts

Back