• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Navara Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Muddies d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toli88

Reaction score
BF Goodrich Mud Terrains 265/75 R16 KM2s
2 @ 80% 2 @75% no cuts or tears are near new

16 inch d40 rims. Tyres ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392796779.671266.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1392796790.286596.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1392796800.653450.jpgsit just in the guard on a Thai D40 and don't scrub.

Good condition, upgrading to 35s
Asking for 1300

Just converted hubs to patrol so am looking for wheels and 35s

Haven't fitted yet, gunna get the new wheels first then out them
On. Will end up the same as using a zero offset rim on standard hubs

If you add a spacer in the way of a hub adapter then run 0 off set you will have a much wider stance then stock.
D40 rims are about +30 so 0 off set is pushing the centre of the rim further to the middle and intern giving you a deeper dish then +30, so if the spacer is say 20mm you would really need to be at +45 - +50 off set to equal things out........... wouldnt you??

no i think they might be wheels spacers that have 6/114.3 pcd on one side and 6/139 pcd on the other.

Im still trying to get my head around the patrol hubs...are we talking manual locking hubs?

no i think the wrong terminology was used, i was the same as you.... what tha!!

He is just using an adapter to change the stud pattern.

Im interested in this aswell any pics and which ones have you used? Wouldnt these not cause a vehicle to be unroadworthy in AUS?

Im interested in this aswell any pics and which ones have you used? Wouldnt these not cause a vehicle to be unroadworthy in AUS?

Personally i would never use them, especially if you do lots of off road work.
Those studs just cant be as strong as the stock ones.

Not to mention spacers of any type make your car unroadworthy. And if you had an accident your insurance company could refuse to pay. Not to mention putting yourself and others at risk.

Not that plenty of people use them without any trouble. But they CAN fail.

I think id be more concerned with safety over roadworthy. How many people have their rides lifted more then 100mm with suspension and tyres without engineering cert or run oversized tyres? Id be worried about a stud breaking at 110km on or freeway or in middle of whoop whoop at inopertune time.

Correct me if im wrong but i thought hub adaptors were illegal, and void insurance, ive thought about getting adaptors myself.

Sorry guys didn't get any alerts on comments, using adapters from the states. 1 1/4 inch. So to achieve the same offset as what a 0 offset navara is I will be using +25 or thereabouts patrol wheels. Yes it is unroadworthy but so is anything over a 2 inch lift in victoria. Even with rims you can't go over 1 inch wider than the original and 2 inches taller....
Hubs are aerospace grade and I have them in my hand and can tell you that they are quite heavy for what it is and very solid

Sorry guys didn't get any alerts on comments, using adapters from the states. 1 1/4 inch. So to achieve the same offset as what a 0 offset navara is I will be using +25 or thereabouts patrol wheels. Yes it is unroadworthy but so is anything over a 2 inch lift in victoria. Even with rims you can't go over 1 inch wider than the original and 2 inches taller....
Hubs are aerospace grade and I have them in my hand and can tell you that they are quite heavy for what it is and very solid

I think you might want to check your calculations, D40 rims are pos35 or 35+ offset from factory, so by going pos25 you are actually going to end up with a deeper dish then stock by 10mm.
On top of that add your spacer (roughly 31mm) and you are now well and truly wider then factory 31mm = 10mm = 41mm then add your tyres which will no doubt be wider then you had before.
I think you may need to grab some flared guards.

Latest posts

Back