550 towing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got the spec sheet for the 2014 models off Nissan's web site and they show that the GVM is 3010kg for the 550, and it can tow 3000kg. They don't specifically state the GCM.

So from what old tony said. If you look at the 2.5 with the gvm of 2.8 and towing of 3. The CVM is 5.8ton so you should be 6.01ton. But dont qoute me as alot of the newer utes with there 3+ton towing after so much you have to start removing load from the ute. That Why I got the Navara as it can be fully loaded and still tow 3ton

I don't believe (nothing hard to show) I don't think you can tow 3t and load the car to full gvm. I'll have a look when I get a chance.

I've found the answer in the 2014 product brochure, it's right down the bottom. I missed the little cross thingy that said I had to look further.

For 4WD Dual Cab Models, for towball mass of:

* 150Kg or less - no reduction in GVM
* 150Kg to 200Kg - reduce GVM of car by 60Kg
* 200Kg to 250Kg - reduce GVM of car by 130Kg
* 250Kg to 300Kg - reduce GVM of car by 200Kg

So it depends on your towball weight. My new 2.5T van has a towball weight (as defined by the van manufacturer) of 135Kg, so I get to keep my capacity.

I've found the answer in the 2014 product brochure, it's right down the bottom. I missed the little cross thingy that said I had to look further.

For 4WD Dual Cab Models, for towball mass of:

* 150Kg or less - no reduction in GVM
* 150Kg to 200Kg - reduce GVM of car by 60Kg
* 200Kg to 250Kg - reduce GVM of car by 130Kg
* 250Kg to 300Kg - reduce GVM of car by 200Kg

So it depends on your towball weight. My new 2.5T van has a towball weight (as defined by the van manufacturer) of 135Kg, so I get to keep my capacity.

all Good then

Back