Bent chassis bullbar mounts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carchania

Reaction score
G'day all

I have a boomer bull bar mounted on my d40. The brackets for the bar that boomer supply are 10mm steel and quite heavy (as is the bar even though it is alloy). The brackets on the chassis as part of the car appear to be only 2 or 3mm steel. Anyway doing some 4wding the other week the bull bar hit the ground and the top pulled forward bending the top part of the chassis mounts forward. :wristy: My question is, if I knock them back to the position they are supposed to be, would it be ok to weld a right angled triangle section of steel in each corner of the brackets to the chassis for strengthening purposes? If not what would be a better suggestion to remedy this?

Cheers

Leayton

Have you got a photo of it. might help to come up with some suggestions. just be mindful of the air bags and disconnect the battery before doing any re aligning.

No worries mate I will take photos later during the week as I go home for a week this Wednesday. My car doesn't have airbags as far as I can tell. 07 rx Spanish. If there is I guess it would be drivers only

Cheers

Well thats a hell of a bar to go 4wd with. Doesnt truelly suprise me you bent something. Anyway.

Welding or changing the chassis in anyway is Illegal and can be cause for righting off the Truck

Yeah I know its a big bar but I do a lot of my driving at night and we have deer and cattle throughout where we live. I'm hoping that I can take it to the local engineering mobs whilst home to see what they can suggest as well

Cheers

G'day

All fixed for the princely sum of $85. Pretty happy with that. They put strengthening gussets on the corners and followed the profile of the top with them too

Cheers

They r in my garage mate. Couldn't figure out how to put them in here. Think I randomly posted one somewhere to which I will look for after dinner. They also made the front of the mount flat to suit the brackets that came with my bar

Cheers

Latest posts

Back