Poor service effort

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damian m

Reaction score
When you get your vehicle back from being factory serviced you shouldn't have to worry about checking their work.

THATS WHY THEY GET PAID.

Well let's see, what wasn't tight on mine after last service oh and me telling them I was about to drive several thousand ks for work.

1)engine sump plug

2)gearbox plug

3)front diff oil bolt

4) rear diff oil bolt

And the bloody airbag light is flashing again, but there is nothing wrong there, just ask them they'll tell you!

I'm not one to get pissed off easily but the only way I knew that these were loose is because of the oil leaking onto the tar under my vehicle. Thankfully pointed out to me by a work colleague. ( beers for him)

So I call the service centre and let them know about all the loose bolts to which I got the reply of " bring it in and we ll have a look at it!"

How the f--k do you do that when you have just traveled 1800ks and won't be back for several weeks.

Wankers!

I can honestly say that I won't ever get my servicing done there again.

Far to common these days, we should all put in complaints to Nissan Australia so they get a boot up the arse for giving Nissan a bad rep.

Geez thats terrible! I was always taught if you put a sump plug in you tighten it straight away, the old blokes at work drum that into you as an apprentice :p
Sounds like it was a rush job probably done by an apprentice so the dealership could make more $$$, seems to be the way things are going now and it also shits me,
Luckily you found it in time mate! good luck finding a better workshop!

Yep, been there, done that!!
Got sick of finding things that were preventable, bolts left loose, rags left in the engine, oil levels not checked.ETC.
My last service was 120,000km, went to Automasters, the service was finished in 3hrs & $300 cheaper. Very happy with the service & a full report with a check list they had worked through.
The difference i saw was no apprentices, atleast none working on their own, as the mistakes i had found were possibly apprentice related without supervision.

that is shocking workman ship! can I ask were that was done?

I won't name them directly, but if you travel 6 hours out of Melbourne and 3 hours out of Canberra and love a good drink you will be in the right place.
Cryptic yes, but...

These days people are to hung up on sueing for defimation.

I just want what I paid for to be correct everytime without exception!

I think we all have been burnt like that sorry to hear particularly when you had a long drive not all dealers are bad some are good i always check my oil after a big service a few times it's way out.

A wise man said, "A fish stinks from the head down".
The reason mechanic's don't care is the boss's attitude sets them this way.
Dealerships are about 'meeting targets'.
Of course you have exceptions where the mechanic cares. He's considered to be 'unresponsive to direction', and 'should be trained in company policies'.

When I complained about my local dealership procedure's I was told, it was "my expectations that needed adjusting as they where 'unrealistic'.
Ooooh, ok sorry.......I'll do better next time.
Global economy and all.

iv worked with the Nissan brand at dealer ships and still em to this day, I no from work shop and front counter its hard... I no if my guys screw up I drag there ass out to cop the abuse that I do.. you no what its made them better techs. some go for the targets some do it for the safty of the clients... some dealers just 'hire' some look hard into who they hire.. sounds like tht dealer needs ramming by Nissan...complain to Nissan direct mate they will look after u and kick em up the ass

iv worked with the Nissan brand at dealer ships and still em to this day, I no from work shop and front counter its hard... I no if my guys screw up I drag there ass out to cop the abuse that I do.. you no what its made them better techs. some go for the targets some do it for the safty of the clients... some dealers just 'hire' some look hard into who they hire.. sounds like tht dealer needs ramming by Nissan...complain to Nissan direct mate they will look after u and kick em up the ass

And that's where the problem lies, setting targets, it's not a race. If you think going back & complaining is going to ease my mind about future servicing at Nissan you can think again. It's bad business & the word of mouth spreads, my partner has a new pulsar & that only went back for it's first service if you could call it that, but has gone elsewhere since.

Good luck on trying to convice others!!

Latest posts

Back