Neighbours

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happy john

Reaction score
Un Navara related but here i go as per my nickname that is how i am the few that have met me know i am very easy going.

What is causing me hell atm is my neighbors they have an alcohol issue and party most days the fact is they rent and don't care.

Last sunday i blew my stack and the little pussies ran inside after 2 nights of no sleep i was very pissed off thought that was the end of it.

The shitheads sprayed acid over my wifes duallis about 4k of damage cops have taken 2 sets of photo's i cannot say or do anything the police are worried i willl explode who would not,

What annoys me is i worked 15 hr days at 21 to get the deposit on the house put every penny into it now feral bastards move in and my daughters are at risk and to be honest the coppers got rid of my bat and i cannot do anything they are concerned i am to emotional and will explode as i boxed in the past that comes up as well.

I hear you john
take a deep breath and leave it to the coppers mate
put some cameras up, 4 wireless and h/drive from jaycar is only $400
the little shits will get whats coming
theres a right time and place for everything

Find out who the renting agent is and write a letter of complaint, since the cops think you are to unstable make them do their job every time it's too noisy give them a call, as suggested grab a camera to protect your property careful where it faces , but call the cops over and over everytime as it will be logged and if it goes to court the log can be used, also if you have other neighbours get them to do the same

I'd invite them over just after dark and shoot them in your front yard.

"Sorry, thought I was still in Texas and they were trespassin', officer". If you get 'em clean between the eyes, they won't be able to argue much.

Seriously, as above - cameras, catch the offenders in the act. Retaliating like they did shows how simple-minded they are and I doubt they'd really care about you damaging the property.

You have the right to complain about their noise. No doubt these fools will retaliate further if you make official complaints, so the camera system will be a good investment.

I'd be wary of making TOO many calls to the police about noise. Legally speaking, parties are allowed up until midnight in residential areas, and to be infringing the law they must be impacting on conversation in any habitable room of your house. If you can only hear a bit of music or a TV at 4pm when you're outside having a smoke, you're inviting the police to add you to their "ignore list".

However, if you are inside a habitable room when you make the call late at night and the police can hear the noise (perfect!) they'll send someone around without hesitation. That's when you need the cameras.

I hear you john
take a deep breath and leave it to the coppers mate
put some cameras up, 4 wireless and h/drive from jaycar is only $400
the little shits will get whats coming
theres a right time and place for everything
Never a better word said sparra my wife is concerned that i willl blow my stack but i will leave it to the polljce thanks for the tips will contact the realty thanks guy's apologies for blowing off steam i have to take the car for 2nd assessment but not going to a day of rest is needed.

Mate that bites the big one.
Yes to the cameras with mics, keep them pointed in your yard... maybe so they show a bit of edge of the yard next door is ok?
Noise stuff is regional, check your council or state regs.
I trust you already have records of the vehicles that frequent next door...

Installation is best done when they are asleep, maybe with a neighbour assisting you with watching for signs of activity next door.

Keep your calm and use the legal system to your advantage :)

I had a similar issue years ago. Not recommended but somehow , no idea how, but someone turned off the mains to the house and locked the cabinet.No power meant no noise and no cold beer. they soon got the hint and moved.
I would go with the guys and install video cameras with signs to show the property is covered by surveillance and motion sensing lights. Funny how they will back down when they can plainly see that they cant get away with anything and that night time turns into day if they come on your property

Hey mate, first hand knowledge here. With regards to noise, there is no specific law in Qld relating to time of day when the noise is occurring. It can be ten in the morning, or ten at night. If the noise is loud enough to be considered excessive from your house, then you are within your rights to make a noise complaint. This can be done by phoning Policelink on 131444. It is then up to the officer who attends whether the noise is excessive. There is no definition of excessive, it is up to the officer that attends, and using there discretion. The officer can issue a warning, or noise abatement direction, requiring the noise to stop. If it then continues, call again and the officers will attend again, at which point, the occupant issues the direction can be sent to Court, arrested on the spot, or have the equipment making the noise seized.
With regards to damage, as previously suggested, cameras. For example, I have a set of swan cameras, day and night, with hard drive and remote monitoring from phone or iPad which I picked up for 350. Never bothered to use but that's how cheap they can be.
Where in North Brisbane do you live, I may be able to suggest other options to assist.

I find people that stay up late generally tend to sleep in, having always had a loud car i usually make sure i fire that up at the crack of dawn, then get the mower out, then the whipper snipper, then do some drilling and some banging.

All that is perfectly legal from 7am.

If they're partying into the hours of it not being legal, means they are sleeping while it is :)

You could also do a "show of strength" by inviting half the Navara forum around for a few beers, cover your lawn and half the street with Navara's. Showing "i've got more friends than you've got" so to speak.

As Aussie Frontier said, a power outage would be a bugger aye.........

We have the problem of the single mum slag next door, the only time you hear her talk to her kids is when she's yelling at them. She's still up at 1am outside talking on her phone as loud as she can having a drink.

So when it hits 9am, i find "problem tree branches" that are within 3 foot of a power line and fire up the 2 stroke chainsaw. Then i suddenly realise i should go over every bolt head underneath my Navara with a rattle gun and impact sockets. You really can never be too safe. At 9:30am. On a Sunday. Even though every bolt and nut is fine :p

i was in wollies the other week they have cameras in there, Fake ones, With a battery in it to keep the little red light flashing,
If you want to have alot of presence in the home security buy some good cameras to cover the cars etc then filll in the gaps with these, would look the part!

Ha Ha Cobez good idea i bet it works my isuue is my girls 11 and 14 cannot do anything i respect the police and willl take their advice.

That's a fair call mate, BUT, if your girls ever ride in your Nav, don't you think it's your job to make sure every bolt and nut is secure. With a 200L air compressor and rattle gun @ 70PSI on a Sunday?

What about the tree branches? WHAT ABOUT THE TREE BRANCHES?!?!?! :p ;)

Sounds like the group of lovely people we had living in our street until they were evicted. This was Southside ofBrisbane so they probably moved north side lol. This certain group never paged rent, went through from doors like you would never believe, stuck there greedy mits in other people's property more then a handful if occasions, partied every day and night, had the biggeat list of random cars turning up at the most random hours of the night(drug sales) and worst of all it took me 12 months to finally have them caught with there mitsin the back of my work Ute. Police caught them but from what I heard no action was taken because nothing was taken or broken into.

Persistence pays off. Keep your cool and as suggested sensor lights and cameras work well.

Goodluck

I had a similar issue years ago. Not recommended but somehow , no idea how, but someone turned off the mains to the house and locked the cabinet.No power meant no noise and no cold beer. they soon got the hint and moved.
I would go with the guys and install video cameras with signs to show the property is covered by surveillance and motion sensing lights. Funny how they will back down when they can plainly see that they cant get away with anything and that night time turns into day if they come on your property

better than flicking the main switch, grab a ladder in the middle of the night and pull their service fuse. at least then they will have to call up the power company and get them to come out and put a new one in haha

two wrongs dont make a right.....but by crikey it can make you feel better!!

just a word of advice tho from a police man that came to visit about a similar issue I had some years back....what ever you do, if you choose to get even....do it alone and dont talk about it to any one before or after.

two wrongs dont make a right.....but by crikey it can make you feel better!!

just a word of advice tho from a police man that came to visit about a similar issue I had some years back....what ever you do, if you choose to get even....do it alone and dont talk about it to any one before or after.

very good advise

ime sure john wont do anything stupid

Latest posts

Back