D40 Billet turbo high flow

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forefront Industries

2013 & 2014 muster Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi Guys

after the success with our zd30 d22 , zd30 patrol and yd25 d22

We finally went into designing the d40 versions

There are 2 available for d40....Its easy enough to tell the difference between the 2 models

1. One has 3 bolts on the flange from exhaust manifold to turbine housing
2. The other has 4 bolts on this flange

They can be split into spanish and thai but thats pretty confusing for most

We used the same principles as all of the other models which is 100% direct replacement bolt up turbo with the higher flowing forged billet compressor wheel
The compressor wheel has a higher blade height , smoother blade design, has extended tips on the exducer, slimmer hub to allow more flow and weighs less than a stock wheel. Alltogether this allows for a better spool up rate and more air flow.

Both Models are now in stock ( this excludes the very late model electric turbo in later d40s)

Our 3 bolt model features a machined compressor housing inlet as opposed to the stock Cast design which was definitely not built for speed lol

attachment.php

We will try to keep them at the same price for as long as possible

$799 inc del

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• d403boltsml.jpg
    d403boltsml.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,516
  • fci3.jpg
    fci3.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,454
  • bothffbwordsvs.jpg
    bothffbwordsvs.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 1,487
Last edited:
I thougt the d40 had more than enough grunt but that aside that's a good price for the work you put in and thanks again for being a sponsor at the muster.

haha they do.....another way to look at a product like this is if the stock turbo blows a seal or becomes noisy its a cost effective (compared to genuine) aftermarket replacement with a bit of added poke.

I will be passing this along to my mechanic he had a young kid in the other day with a blown turbo, quoted 1700 to replace it from nissan....

Wow - good price.. Considering eBay Chinese Turbo's go for similar price..

by NOISY - do you mean rattely? Cause that's what mines doing..

3 BOLT is for a SPAIN built one?

as far as im aware yes...but incase people were confused on their build country ...i just used the bolt pattern as a difference

Any chance of doing a ball Bering upgrade to the d40 turbo instead of the journal one?

Id LOVE to be able to....maybe one day....It would require at the very least custom oil and water lines and I might be able to use factory front and rear housings....but this would be a long long way into the future....many months of trial and error mixed with heaps of custom parts.

Back